PDA

View Full Version : Text becomes crazy - gobbledegook pc

rockart
2012-08-14, 14:19
Probably the weirdest query I have ever had.
After using a program for a while my text becomes crazy. It is as if i have a new keyboard with all the characters in a different place. The only way to reclaim my keyboard is to close and restart the program. It can be any program, Firefox, word, Outlook Express, anything. Can't tell whether it is after a certain amount of time or number of keystrokes... no idea.
VIRUS
If it is a virus I scan the whole computer every 3 days with AFG free.
SPYWARE/MALWARE
I run Spybot regularly.

System is XP Pro
Can anyone help
Is there some way the PC can be virus checked as a one off by something really powerful.
Any help with this problem will be very appreciated

ken545
2012-08-15, 23:17
:snwelcome:

Please read Before You Post (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)
While best efforts are made to assist in removing infections safely, unexpected stuff can happen. It is advisable that you back up your important data before starting any clean up procedure. Neither Safer Networking Forums nor the Analyst providing the advice may be held responsible for any loss.

Until we deem your system clean I am going to ask you not to install or uninstall any software or hardware except for the programs we may run.

ken545
2012-08-19, 12:19
Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

If it has been three days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a new DDS log with a link to your previous thread. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.