PDA

View Full Version : "snlBase150.bpl" is missing

tnducknut
2012-08-18, 04:00
Ok i am receiving in a small box a SD Tray.exe error after spybot was installed and ran. My wife installed this on her computer and is having the same problem. We both have Windows 7.

Now when I try to open spybot the is what it says" SDWelcome.exe-Entry Point Not Found" in the body of the box it says "The procedure entry point@Snlconsolehelp@TVommandLineParameterItem@GetIsSet$qqrv could not be located in the dynamic link library snlBase 150.bpl."

Help!!!!!!:confused::confused::confused:

tashi
2012-08-18, 05:35
Hello tnducknut,

Please open Spybot Search & Destroy > Help > About and let us know the version and the date of last definitions.

Also which version do you have of Windows 7 and please list all security programs installed.

Best regards.

Aoren
2012-08-18, 08:19
I also have the same problem these days. I cannot open the Spybot S & D, so how can I open Spybot Search & Destroy > Help > About?

PruxWyme
2012-08-18, 11:46
Hi,
suddenly I cannot start Spybot S&D anymore, because the file "snlBase150.bpl" is missing on my computer as a message says. It recommends to re-install the program.

The file appears to be a proper S&D file usually located in "%Program Files%\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2\snlBase150.bpl".

I'm absolutely sure I didn't delete that file manually. It's a bit strange that all at once a programm file is missing. Since I can't open Spybot either I can't tell the exact version, all I know is version 2, probably with virus definitions pretty up-to-date. I use Windows 7 with AVG FE 2012, Malwarebytes 1.62 and WinPatrol 2012 v24.3. I couldn't find the file in one of their quarantines.

SPYbud
2012-08-18, 13:10
I have the same problem as this suddenly as well. The version of S&D I am running is 2.0.7.0. Opertaing system is XP Pro service pack 3 and using Firefox 3.6.10.

I have tried to uninstall S&D and re install same error.

Have also done a system restore to a much earlier time ............still have the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

tashi
2012-08-18, 16:21
Hello Aoren,

I also have the same problem these days. I cannot open the Spybot S & D, so how can I open Spybot Search & Destroy > Help > About?

By "the same problem" do you mean you have the exact same error message as tnducknut?

Do you recall if you installed the stable version 1.6.2 (http://www.safer-networking.org/dl/)or the Release Candidate 2.0. (http://www.safer-networking.org/dl/beta/)

Best regards.

Olliver
2012-08-18, 17:28
I have the same problem too, since today.
It apeared with 2.08 beta, i have deinstalled it and installed 2.09 rc.
Nothing changed, i receive an error message about snlBase150.bpl
and spybot s&d doesnīt start.
My system: win 7 x64

Aoren
2012-08-18, 17:36
Ya, the same problem
Error due to snlBase150.bpl, can't run Spybot.
Mine is spybotsd-2.0.6-beta4.exe

tashi
2012-08-18, 18:00
Hello,

This thread has been moved to the Beta forum.

As it is the weekend someone from the team will respond when back on-line.

Best regards,

Aoren
2012-08-18, 18:04
That means, how to solve this problem?

Olliver
2012-08-18, 19:57
That means we hope for a solution next week.
I guess since we have the same issue with different versions of spybot s&d and different versions of windows,
it may have something to do with the latest windows patches.

tashi
2012-08-18, 22:09
Hi there,

Alpha, Beta and RC means software in development and the team will investigate the issue soon as they can, thank you all for reporting. :)

I guess since we have the same issue with different versions of spybot s&d

To date all reports appear to be from users running the Beta/RC (http://www.safer-networking.org/dl/beta/) not the stable version 1.6.2 (http://www.safer-networking.org/dl/)

Best regards.

Olliver
2012-08-18, 23:45
I just counted beta 2.06, 2.07, 2.08 and RC as different versions, off cause this might not be exact.:santa:

torch2009
2012-08-19, 07:39
I had the same error. I was using Spybot 2.0 beta 6. I have currently uninstalled and reinstalled the 2.09 RC1. Hoping this works. Am going to reboot now to see if I get the same error messages or not.

torch2009
2012-08-19, 07:53
I had the same error. I was using Spybot 2.0 beta 6. I have currently uninstalled and reinstalled the 2.09 RC1. Hoping this works. Am going to reboot now to see if I get the same error messages or not.

After reboot with Release Candidate, everything seems to be working.

tashi
2012-08-19, 09:53
After reboot with Release Candidate, everything seems to be working.
Thank you for letting us know torch2009. :)

fordpryncys
2012-08-19, 15:36
Im glad to see that I'm not the only one having this problem. All of sudden after using S&D for awhile now I'm getting this message I've reinstalled twice now and it seems to fix the problem until I start up again then it happens all over again

Eviil
2012-08-19, 16:08
Uninstall the program, after you uninstall, go where the program was installed delete that folder and re-install. Uninstalling and re-installing without deleting the folder will cause you with the same error.

Default path: C:\Program Files

I've done this with 7 computers in my house using the RC 2.09. So not one but all of them became that way. They're all working now.

Korunox
2012-08-19, 18:10
Uninstall the program, after you uninstall, go where the program was installed delete that folder and re-install. Uninstalling and re-installing without deleting the folder will cause you with the same error.

Default path: C:\Program Files

I've done this with 7 computers in my house using the RC 2.09. So not one but all of them became that way. They're all working now.

Thanks, this worked for me (RC 2.09, win7 professional).

Olliver
2012-08-20, 11:59
Thanks, it worked for me too.
A bit surprising, because i didnīt make any changes on spybot S&D before the problem appeared.

Martin D
2012-08-20, 23:48
I installed Spybot this morning and now I'm getting the same proceedure point message that others have noted, however my computer does not complete start-up and thus I have no way to uninstall the program. Please help.

Buster
2012-08-21, 08:49
Sorry for the confusion. We have changed a few files on the update server and thanks to the automated update integrated into Spybot you received the latest files. Unfortunately one file has been missing, which has been added to the update server by now.

tnducknut
2012-08-23, 23:53
Windows 7 Home premium Service Pak 1
I run Micrsoft securty systems
I can't get Spy bot to even open now, just getting error. :sick:

crldyshotgun
2012-08-24, 01:44
I get this message---"The program can"t start because snlBase150.bpl is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. I have Windows 7 Home Premium Version 6.1.7601 - System Type x64 based PC.
:sad:

travelmates
2012-08-24, 07:04
After reading all the above and it appears the file is or was missing from the update server is it not possible to make this files available as a separate download with the path to install it in instead of having to de- and install the whole program?

bbnetwork
2012-08-24, 15:23
i quess its solved, cuz after latest updates, i dont get any errors or problems - but not sure, since i never had this problem.

travelmates
2012-09-05, 09:24
Hi BBNETWORK,

If you reinstalled spybot was it a version 2.x.x and can you perhaps email me a copy of snlbase150.bpl.

Unless somebody can explain if i loose all the white page ( i think that what it was called when i did a clean install) settings i am reluctant to install or reinstall anything but would rather first try to copy the file and restart my computer.

looking forward to any help

Porkchop61YD
2012-09-14, 05:49
I have the same exact problem and would like to follow this thread but can not find the new posting. Where exactly is it?

travelmates
2012-09-14, 08:27
Hello Porkchop61yd

this is the only thread that i know of and because i didn't get any replies i contacted a member and then the Support channel
The answer i got is that i am advised to install the stable version 1.6.2 and yes you lose the white list (not supported in 1.6.2)
The version beta 2.x.x. we are using worked FINE until a file ( snlbase150.bpl) was left of the update server as you read in this post.
Hence my question can this file not be made available separately and us not having to uninstall and re install another version.
Therefore i might wait a little longer to find out if somebody is willing to make this file available and see if that fixes the problem without a lot of work.

elvengirl
2012-10-07, 19:11
It is now October 2012 and I still get the same messages as everyone else. Hmm. Tells me this was not "fixed".:alien:
I have windows 7 and installed Spybot in 2011?

spybotsandra
2012-10-08, 13:52
Hello,

I would recommend to uninstall ALL versions of Spybot-S&D and then make a fresh installation.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

spybotsandra
2012-10-24, 12:09
Hello,

This issue should be fixed in Spybot-S&D RC3 which should be released within the next weeks.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

imageek
2012-10-24, 16:56
Hello,

This issue should be fixed in Spybot-S&D RC3 which should be released within the next weeks.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Glad to hear! :)

rusobr2
2015-06-28, 01:26
i have had "no" results in adding the snlbase150.bpl......... i'v tried to reinstall many of times and without file i get nothing.....

i read some of your posts over the last couple yrs., and it seems there is an answer, but i don't have it .... here one that caught my eye, cuz rite now i can't get rid of spybot or fix what i have...... i'm 66, and some things on PC i'm at a loss.. so any help is appreciated

thanks....... steve reis sr

Hello,

As I said it got probably falsely detected and deleted by your antivirus software.

I can send you a new rtl150.bpl file if you like.
Please feel free to e-mail to: software(at)spybot.info mentioning this thread.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot