PDA

View Full Version : FraudAV.SJhorwPa - can't locate to remove

TopDawg
2012-09-11, 21:21
I run Windows 7. Spybot found a trojan -- FraudAV.SJhorwPa. It will not remove it when I try to by clicking the "Fix Problems" icon. It says something about Windows not being able to open a file. I looked up the directions for manual removal. When I search for the files listed, Windows Explorer cannot find them. I ran the RootAnalyzer mentioned in the directions and it came up with nothing.

Maybe the Spybot folks can create a targeted fix that will automatically zap this sucker.

I'm just a regular PC user, so a lot of tech talk won't help me, but I sure would appreciate being able to eliminate this thing. It came in an email that was supposedly about a FedEx shipment. I wasn't dumb enough to click on it, but I was dumb enough to try to copy and paste it to an email for FedEx and in the process inadvertantly triggered it - at least I think that is where it came from.

tashi
2012-09-12, 00:38
Hello TopDawg,

In order for someone to advise please see the forum sticky which includes guidelines and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the preliminary DDS and aswMBR logs used for analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then start a new topic providing the DDS and aswMBR logs as shown in that FAQ, along with a description of the computer's symptoms, and a volunteer analyst will assist you when available. :)

Best regards.