PDA

View Full Version : Finally got infected: please advise

lepagea01
2012-09-24, 21:22
Hello,

Sorry if the title of this thread is so generic but I didn't know how to address the situation. Here it goes.

This morning, installing Virtual PC on my Windows 7 Ultimate laptop failed mainly due to Windows Firewall malfunction. By investing the issue, I realized that Windows Firewall was no longer in my services and that corresponding registry keys were missing, which lead me to suspect some malware infection. I ran some diagnostics and narrowed it down to the following:

I seem to have some ZeroAccess infection: problematic C:\Windows\assembly\Desktop.ini, C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Desktop.ini, and C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_64\Desktop.ini are present
Hitman Pro is having serious doubts with the legitimacy of the C:\Windows\system32\services.exe executable running. Funny thing is I tried to replace it through Hitman Pro but the tool won't activate due to firewall issues: I'm back to square one!
In my startup configuration, there's this vpngui.exe executable that actually points to C:\Windows\Installer\{467D5E81-8349-4892-9E81-C3674ED8E451}\Icon09DB8A851.exe that seems

For the fun of it, I ran OldTimer's OTL tool and it seems to confirm my suspicions (see OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt files attached).

Please advise.

Regards,

AL

tashi
2012-09-24, 22:00
Hello lepagea01,

The FAQ for this forum: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288 :)

Is this a business, corporate, institutional computer or used in such an environment?

Best regards,