PDA

View Full Version : Block and/or remove toolbars+ others?

Jarun
2012-09-27, 01:27
I am looking for a way to block toolbars, homepage changing, and search provider changing.

When you instal most "free" software that isn't spy or adware ridden, they usually sneek in some or all of the above. I always check for and unchecked such things. But my family and/or clients do not.

I would like a program that could be installed and would block the above. My guess is it would need to run in the background. And it would need to have some sort of "definitions" that it would need to update. As toolbars are constantly updated and new toolbars ect are constantly being released. As are the web browsers that they install in.

Is there a program such as this or functionality included in another?

tashi
2012-09-27, 01:49
Hello Jarun,

When you instal most "free" software that isn't spy or adware ridden, they usually sneek in some or all of the above. I always check for and unchecked such things. But my family and/or clients do not.

Do they have an anti virus program and other security software installed on each computer, some things can only be prevented by safe surfing habits.

So how did I get infected in the first place? (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=279)

Best regards. :)