PDA

View Full Version : ???, when the time come's: 1.6.2 too 2.0 spybot search & distroy

kissbaby
2012-10-22, 18:07
:secret:
dell dimension 2400 32 bit
2 gigs of ram
60 gig hard drive.
i have windows XP home sp3.
spyware Blaster
spybot search and distroy 1.6.2
MSE as my antivirus(ya i know, but my pc is old)
-----

for when 2.0 comes out as final .
will it still work on windows XP 32 bit ?
plus will i be able to install the 2.0 final over(on top) the old version ?

or do i un-install the old version first ?.

and will there be step by step on the best way to un-install the old version ,
like what does some one do before they un-install the old version ?.

and if i ever get a new PC, ha ha , will this new version work on windows 8 as well as the windows 7 ?

spybotsandra
2012-10-22, 18:10
Hello,

1. Spybot-S&D 2.0 does also work under Windows XP.

2. It is recommended to uninstall older versions before installing Spybot-S&D 2.0.

3. In order to completely uninstall Spybot - Search & Destroy, please consider the following link (http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/how-to-uninstall/).

4. Tests on Windows 8 are not finished yet.
Windows 8 was an operating system in development when Spybot-S&D 2.0 was programmed and tested, as such there are no guarantees as to what will hold true at this point.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

kissbaby
2012-10-23, 19:05
Hello,

1. Spybot-S&D 2.0 does also work under Windows XP.

2. It is recommended to uninstall older versions before installing Spybot-S&D 2.0.

3. In order to completely uninstall Spybot - Search & Destroy, please consider the following link (http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/how-to-uninstall/).

4. Tests on Windows 8 are not finished yet.
Windows 8 was an operating system in development when Spybot-S&D 2.0 was programmed and tested, as such there are no guarantees as to what will hold true at this point.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

:D: ok, i saved the link , when the final version comes out, i will give it a go , thank you