PDA

View Full Version : Somebody explain it to the n00b

dhess83
2005-10-25, 05:45
Yes, there is a bug in TeaTimer where you can't see the "Allow" and "Deny" buttons. The community is aware of it, the developers are aware of it. Yes, spybot is free so we shouldn't complain. WHY hasn't it been fixed?

I've search the forums for a reasonable explanation why such a seemingly simple bug to fix is aparently impossible. Anybody? I really hate using MS-AntiSpyware as a resident shield.

tashi
2005-10-25, 06:42
Hello dhess83. :)

We have been able to locate and fix the issue.

This fix should be downloadable when the next program upgrade is released.

Regards.

TeMerc
2005-10-25, 07:39
Hello dhess83. :)

We have been able to locate and fix the issue.

This fix should be downloadable when the next program upgrade is released.

Regards.
Annnnndd........Do we know or have any idea when that will be? Seeing as the most recent version is not barely 5 months old.

spybotsandra
2005-10-25, 09:06
Hello,

We hope that it will be available soon. But we have no date yet.
We are still working on it. Please be patient :)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

TeMerc
2005-10-25, 09:09
Hello,

We hope that it will be available soon. But we have no date yet.
We are still working on it. Please be patient :)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot
Was not pushing, just trying to get a general time frame, which you have provided, thanks so much. The product is always well worth the wait.

Death Eternal
2006-10-20, 04:11
THIS is TRULY HILARIOUS!!!!

here we have a legitimate complaint about a seemingly minor issue, in which it is documented that the problem is already 5 months old (at the time of the post), and these posts themselves are now ONE YEAR OLD....

we are amused...

the problem has been allowed to linger for about 1-1/2 years (18 months) now... (according to my perilously weak calculations...)

i once wrote software - i cared, i sweated, i created bulletproof code, and fixed ALL of my bugs immediately... foregoing sleep, grabbing my rest and my pleasure when and where i was able...

and being thoroughly unrewarded for all my efforts... in fact, disrespected, abused and disused for being a caring and hardworking little slave-bot...

human history and psychology being what it is, why are you all so surprised?

I know, you youngsters are all just expermenting and learning and trying to find a way to "encourage" the good folks of SPYBOT to do something... LOL - it ain't working, have you noticed? try, try again... all your railing against the darkness will achieve for you naught - but, keep trying, keep trying...

UP THE REVOLUTION!!!!

DON'T TRUST ANYONE OVER 30!!! (They've already sold out!!!)

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED!!! (NOT EVEN ON MTV!!!)

ROTFL, MAO....

talk to bill gates, maybe he'll help you...

tashi
2006-10-20, 05:20
Hello Death Eternal

http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=44451&postcount=176

Actually, a new TeaTimer release is in internal beta testing. We expect to give it to the forums experts late next week. Among the new features will be a system for automatic white- or blacklisting of registry entries based on the file they point to, better protection of snapshots against changes by malware, more monitored entries and some fixed small memory leaks (well yes and that ugly graphical glitch, for which Borland has kind of apologized by now ;) ).

The reason for delays... well, just take a look at the current news about Symantec. We would have loved to fix so-called incompatibilities and waited for details... and waited...

And of course we worked on updates for the detection engine itself. The next engine update will nearly double the ways we can use to detect malware.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=7683
"Either Safer Networking Ltd. or Symantec leaving the Anti Spyware Coalition..."

Cheers. :)

Also posted:
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=47666&postcount=4