PDA

View Full Version : slow boot/shutdown - freezing mouse

the_doc735
2012-11-05, 22:51
hi... my PC is slow in every respect with jerky mouse. (15 minute boot)

mouse hardware and batteries is fine. latest driver installed. no resource conflicts.

XP has ALL updates.

system has been cleaned with:

'cr*p cleaner'

avg virus

spybot

malwarebytes

registry mechanic

all report status: OK/clean (NOW) ??? [got: "MovRVDrv32."] ?

hard drive and registry: defrag'd and 'wiped' [old data erased]

got zone alarm firewall protection enabled.

all browsers have default protection selected (non are 'LOW') - cookies, history etc. are 'clear'

all non essential 'start ups' are disabled ('helpers', updaters etc.)

hardware diagnostics report all is fine.

what now? ....'hijack this' ?

many thanks for any help/suggestions offered!

the_doc735
2012-11-05, 22:52
also done a 'clean boot' through msconfig and this makes a negligible difference, so it doesn't appear to be '3rd.party' issues?

the_doc735
2012-11-05, 22:53
repaired file system with recovery console

the_doc735
2012-11-05, 22:57
I have a microsift intellipoint 2.0 and its running on the latest v8.0 software. Batteries are 'good'. Changing the port makes no difference. Uninstalling with device manager and rebooting makes no difference. I do not have any other conflicting mouse software. Device manager says that the mouse and USB are working properly with no problems to report. I have followed the mouse and USB troubleshooters which DIDN'T resolve the problem! I have also used the mouseinfo.exe and that seemed OK.

I can move the real/physical mouse on the real desk and it will highlight, say, the tabs on a browser [or any other buttons] but the mouse pointer/cursor on screen does not follow/track; it just stays where it is i.e. the pointer doesn't follow the movements I am making with the mouse and this freeze is often for 5 seconds or more [this means there is NO pointer to indicate where I have moved the mouse to with my hand, I only know where it is when it passes over an active on screen tab or button that lights up. It is nearly always 'working' or 'busy' [according to the pointer] when this happens. It has only been like this for a week or so, before that it was fine!

When I shutdown it says: "diskeeper has asked runtime to shutdown in an unusual way?

When I start up it says: "skipping autocheck, could not find program" or something like that?

Wireless PCI has gone down again and this time a 'fixit' hasn't worked?

A friend brought a sata HDD drive round with only a clean windows 7 installed on it to see if all my basic functions were OK, and it was perfect! No problems. So all my problems are caused by the software on my PC's HDD! Thought you might have asked to see a 'hijack this' log - just in case something has been missed out perhaps?

I've just noticed something odd under my video adapter in device manager. As well as my graphics card there is: "MovRVDrv32"; in forums linked to: "Virtumonde"? Is that an infection?

Well, I just tried to install AVAST free version and toward the end of the installation my PC crashed and repeatedly tried to reboot but as soon as it got to the "windows is starting" [moving progress blue line] it crashed over and over again; until I decided to use: "last know config that worked". So, AVAST won't install !! ~ what now?

tashi
2012-11-05, 23:55
Hello the_doc735,

To request malware removal assistance that forum's FAQ includes guidelines in post #1 and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the preliminary DDS and aswMBR logs used for analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

However, please consider registering at a tech forum such as What The Tech and starting a topic there in General Hardware (http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=126) or Microsoft Windows™ (http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=119) first in order to rule out other issues.

Best regards. :)