PDA

View Full Version : No dialog for system scan

thismango
2012-11-29, 11:59
Hello, I just installed the new Spybot. The first time I ran it, I got a progress dialog for the full system scan. It came up with 37 malware items identified. After that I couldn't work out what Spybot had actually done with them other than identifying them, so I tried to run another scan. I got an System Scan icon on my taskbar but no window opened, even when I clicked on the icon. I tried enabling the progress dialog in the Spybot settings but it didn't make any difference. Please help! Thanks.

spybotsandra
2012-11-29, 14:04
Hello,

To remove the found threats you need to click on ‘Fix selected’.
The icon in the taskbar will show more options when you rightclick on it.
For more informations on how to use the new version Spybot 2 please take also a look at our First Steps Tutorial (http://www.safer-networking.org/support/first-steps-tutorial/).

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

thismango
2012-11-30, 10:51
Hello Sandra,

thanks for your reply.

I did not see any options available to select after the scan was finished. That's why I tried to repeat the scan. The second time, the dialog window for the system scan did not appear. Right clicking on the icon in the taskbar does indeed bring up the scan options, but again, nothing appears to happen when I select the System Scan option from that menu.

Regards, Michael.

spybotsandra
2012-11-30, 11:32
Hello,

Are you sure the Scan is not in your taskbar at the bottom?
Do you have a screenshot of your desktop when you scan?
Did you also check the taskmanager if the SDScan is running?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

thismango
2012-11-30, 11:46
Hello Sandra,

please find attached screenshot. According to task manager, the scan is running, and there is a scan icon on the taskbar, but I am unable to get a dialog box, even though I have enabled the progress dialog in SB setting.

Regards, Michael.

spybotsandra
2012-11-30, 12:05
Hello,

The scanner is in your taskbar, you just need to bring it at top again.
Please close the Start Center.
Then tick on the second item in the taskbar from the right.
Your scanner should be up now.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

thismango
2012-11-30, 12:16
Hello,

I'm afraid clicking on the System Scan icon does not bring up any window, even when the Start Centre is closed.

Regards, Michael.

spybotsandra
2012-11-30, 12:35
Hello,

So you did click on this one (http://www.safer-networking.org/wp-content/uploads/gravity_forms/5-53b4bb6b452f8cfe979fe0ff47c39b1c/2012/11/Capture.jpg) ?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

thismango
2012-11-30, 13:07
Yes, that's the one. I get the menu by right-clicking, and some of the menu options do bring up a window, but not the 'Scan Complete System' option.

spybotsandra
2012-11-30, 13:15
Hello,

And if you go to the taskmanager and click on "System Scan" and then on "Switch to"?

So you did open the scan via the system tray icon?
Does the same happen if you start it through the Start Center?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

thismango
2012-11-30, 13:21
Hello,

Same thing happens from Task Manager - no window.
I ran the system scan from SB Start Center, not from the system tray. Selecting System Scan from the system tray also gives the same result.

spybotsandra
2012-11-30, 13:40
Hello,

One other thing is you can rightclick on the "System Scan" in your taskbar,
then a menu should come up where you can choose "Scan complete system".

If this does not work please make a fresh system start and try it again.
Maybe something was blocking it.

If that does not help I would recommend a fresh installation of Spybot 2.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

thismango
2012-11-30, 14:01
Hello,

I've already tried both of those. I will reinstall and let you know. Thanks for the support, much appreciated.

Michael.

thismango
2012-11-30, 15:13
Working fine after reinstall. Thanks.

spybotsandra
2012-12-03, 15:27
Glad to hear. :bigthumb:

crwl10
2018-12-28, 02:08
Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but I was having this problem too which nothing worked, I re-installed the program with no such luck and I did all of the suggestions above. The only thing that I was able to do was in the Task Manager, right click on the System Scan for Spybot and select Maximize, this worked and I was able to do a system scan, but as soon as I minimized it again, you could not see it anymore. This is a quick work around for the people that are still having this problem.

lman1111
2023-05-16, 17:48
Hello,

Are you sure the Scan is not in your taskbar at the bottom?
Do you have a screenshot of your desktop when you scan?
Did you also check the taskmanager if the SDScan is running?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

i have actually been trying to get a new scan to run since 10 hours ago but nothing will appear after i give spybot permission to make changes on my computer. i tried watching task manager and a windows app for internet activity, but from the moment i isolated my computer from the internet (due to a possible evasion upload file being sent) i have no longer been able to run a system scan even though it acts like it is about to start. i have tried resetting all my setting in spybot to default. i removed the block on the internet and even tried a rootkit scan (which still works) and resetting most of the setting in windows to default. i even tried forcing spybot to update several times. (p.s. your proxi server blocks your updates as well).Windows 10 Home. please email me if you need more info

Zenobia
2023-05-17, 05:01
You might like to open a support ticket with Team Spybot using the contact page here:
https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform