PDA

View Full Version : snap.do and PriceGong

Ktulu666
2013-01-03, 11:05
Hello all,

The other night, I went to install Windows Movie Maker. Now, I couldn't remember which page I got it from on my old computer, but I know that none of the sites were 'microsoft-y' - and, as sod's law dictates, I clicked the wrong one. Then, when I was recording, I opened up Google Chrome and was immediately redirected to snap.do. I followed the following removal instructions:

1. Go to Add/Remove programs, then uninstall snap.do

2. Go into ALL browsers and remove snap.do from search provider list, and restore homepage back to what it was

Then, I noticed I had something called PriceGong installed, which I removed in a similar way.

My question is: I KNOW snap.do is bad because it's search results can redirect you to another potentially compromising website. I don't remember clicking on the links snap.do threw back at me when I accidentally searched through it, but could my PC still be infected? Spybot, Malwarebytes and AVG are all coming up clean but I've had a virus on my old machine which went unnoticed by all three. (I know I'm probably being paranoid, but I spent alot of money on my new PC and I don't want it melting or bogging down because some little fragment of malware is still remaining.)

Thanks

ken545
2013-01-20, 15:42
:welcome:

Sorry for the delay, we fell behind during the holidays.

Do you still need help or have you resolved this issue ?