PDA

View Full Version : Spybot SD v1.62 ActiveX tool issues

ZuGroMex
2013-01-06, 09:51
Hi

Spybot SD 2 installed 2 times, and uninstalled both because it is not than familiar to me as previous versions do.

Then, installed v1.62 (latest Spybot SD 1)...

Problem in v1.62 (ActiveX module):
there are any item showed in this module, no items, nothing is displayed, even running as Administrator, also starting Windows in safe mode.

Why is this module/tool empty?

I know there are Flash Player, Shockwave, Java and some other apps within activex controls installed on MSIE.

Windows 7 Ultimate (x32)
Logged on a Administrator Account
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials (disabled real time protection as well)
UAC: disabled
Other apps: Malwarebytes (on demand only, no resident)

Sorry for bad english, i spoke spanish...

Best regards.

spybotsandra
2013-01-07, 14:07
Hello,

Did you open Spybot with a right click and choose "run as administrator/take ownership" (www.safer-networking.org/faq/how-can-i-get-administrator-rights-under-windows-vista-or-windows-7/)?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

ZuGroMex
2013-01-08, 03:39
Hi

Thanks Sandra.

Yes, Start menu, all programs, right click over "Spybot - Search & Destroy", "Run as Administrator", and the problem is still there...

I have set compatibility to "Always run as administrator" on almost every exe file on "Program files > Spybot - Search & Destroy" folder (blindman.exe, SDFiles.exe, SDMain.exe, SDShred.exe, SDUpdate.exe, SDWinSec.exe, SpybotSD.exe, TeaTimer.exe and Update.exe), but the problem is still there...

I can't figure out why this is happening now, i never see this problem before, on any of the many systems i have installed Spybot before (Friends, sisters, parents and my 2 little Babys)...

Just yesterday, i discovered a missing file on the "System32" folder, and that missing file causes ToolbarCop's info functionality not to be displayed (OMG, I hope you can understand this), the file was "ComDlg32.ocx" (yes, is a ActiveX control), and when i put this file on that folder, and register the file, ToolbarCop's info wass working fine (info window finally displayed).

I guess this file maybe solve the Spybot SD's ActiveX problem, but that was not, the problem is there :(

Any idea???

Best regards.