PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 Firewall not working...

loybanks
2013-01-19, 13:32
Is it possible that SpyBot might have shut down my Windows8 Firewall?

The Firewall is shut down and I can't determine how to revive it.

Can you help with this problem? Thanks.

PS: Please change my email to ... should I make this change thru another setting? Again my thanks.

Zenobia
2013-01-20, 06:05
No,I don't believe Spybot would have shut down your Windows 8 firewall.
What do you have for an antivirus,if you don't mind me asking?Sometimes they include a firewall,and shut down the windows firewall to avoid conflicts.

loybanks
2013-01-20, 17:25
I'm using Windows 8 "Windows Defender", which is part of Windows 8. Windows Defender is a complete Virus and Malware package included, as I said with Windows 8.

The package is also available for Vista and Windows 7 as Microsoft Security Essentials. It's FREE. But that is the same as the Windows Defender package.

I mention all this just in passing. I just can't determine what has shut down my Windows Firewall, making it so I can't activate it once again thru my Action Center.

Perhaps the problem is with an APP Package. I'll have to check. Will probably call Microsoft as well. Thanks.

Zenobia
2013-01-21, 04:49
No error messages when you try to turn it on?
Have you tried turning Windows Firewall on manually,outside of the action center?
There are instructions here if you need them,just scroll down a bit. :)
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/windows-firewall-from-start-to-finish

loybanks
2013-01-22, 20:31
Yes, I've tried everything except calling Microsoft. But apparently I'm going to have to do that soon. I'm running out of ideas. I need to check the System Event Log to see if I can learn anything there.

Always. All info is appreciated.

Zenobia
2013-01-23, 10:14
Did you go into Services and see if Windows Firewall started?