PDA

View Full Version : Many Problems/malware...guard.tmp and others

Naggy
2006-08-21, 22:26
Here is my latest hjt log...this has been going on for over a month now and I'm ready to throw this pc out the window LOL...plz help me!!!!
Naggy

Here is my latest log

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:25:15 PM, on 8/21/2006
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Bell\Security Manager\fws.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software\dvpapi.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
C:\WINDOWS\runservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Bell\Security Manager\Rps.exe
C:\Program Files\Bell\Sympatico Security Advisor\SSA.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\HijackThis.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!ewido] "C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe" /minimized
O20 - Winlogon Notify: Explorer - C:\WINDOWS\system32\k480lelm1hqa.dll
O23 - Service: DvpApi (dvpapi) - Command Software Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software\dvpapi.exe
O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
O23 - Service: Kodak Camera Connection Software (KodakCCS) - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
O23 - Service: LicCtrl Service (LicCtrlService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\runservice.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) NMS (NMSSvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\NMSSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Security Manager Firewall (RP_FWS) - Radialpoint Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bell\Security Manager\fws.exe

pskelley
2006-08-24, 21:57
Welcome to the forum, if you still need help, follow these directions.

1) You are running MSConfig in Selective Startup mode, I must see all logs in Normal Mode with NO formatting.

2) The log looks light, you have not removed anything other that the ones remove by MSConfig have you?

3) Please download Look2Me-Destroyer.exe (http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=7) to your desktop.
Close all windows before continuing.
Double-click Look2Me-Destroyer.exe to run it.
Put a check next to Run this program as a task.
You will receive a message saying Look2Me-Destroyer will close and re-open in approximately 10 seconds. Click OK
When Look2Me-Destroyer re-opens, click the Scan for L2M button, your desktop icons will disappear, this is normal.
Once it's done scanning, click the Remove L2M button.
You will receive a Done Scanning message, click OK.
When completed, you will receive this message: Done removing infected files! Look2Me-Destroyer will now shutdown your computer, click OK.
Your computer will then shutdown.
Turn your computer back on.
Please post the contents of C:\Look2Me-Destroyer.txt and a new HiJackThis log.

If Look2Me-Destroyer does not reopen automatically, reboot and try again.

If you receive a message from your firewall about this program accessing the internet please allow it.

If you receive a runtime error '339' please download MSWINSCK.OCX from the link below and place it in your C:\Windows\System32 Directory.
http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/images/lib/MSWINSCK.OCX

More info:

If for some reason Look2Me-Destroyer doesn't reopen check that task scheduler is running.
If it isnt you can use sc.exe to start it

start>run sc start schedule press enter.

Make sure the computer is restarted, then post those two logs bolded above and any comments you think will help.

Thanks...pskelley
Safer Networking Forums

tashi
2006-08-29, 08:32
This topic has been closed to prevent others with similar issues posting in it.
If you need it re-opened please send me or your helper a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread.

Applies only to the original topic starter.

RE: Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Please see:
You and Windows, a joint effort (http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=25290&postcount=4)