PDA

View Full Version : Slow, Blue Screen, No Restore Points

johnz
2013-01-22, 21:35
3 computers on home network - wifes laptop went last week. Went from normal to crawl and freeze - one blue screen - Windows Essentials updated and no virus found with complete scan, also use Malware removal on Advanced System Care 6 Pro - no issues. Tried to use a restore point - thinking it may have been related to a monitor driver I updated earlier in the week - no restore points at all except one from the morning I was working on it - restore turned on. We disconnected - took it to shope - awaiting their advice.

Second computer began acting up 2 days later - yesterday - blue screen and shut down in middle of internet browsing - was also moving files to backup disk on third computer over our router at the time so unsure what the cause was.

Rebooted - scanned with McAffee and ASC6.0Pro-no issues. Downloaded Spybot as I had used it successfully on an earlier computer - found new version - ran scan - no issue. Immunized - seemed to work fine. Ran root kit and the quick scan advised it might have found issues (reported "unknown MBR's and listed PhysicalDrive 2, 3,4,5,6 - suggested deep scan). Ran deep scan yesterday - but it took too long as I had to go out - stopped it and shut down machine. Rebooted this morning - half hour into browsing - blue screen again and shut down. Upon starting in safe mode (with networking) got notice (pup up) that McAffee was having trouble -computer might be at risk - real time scanning was off and trying to start - but it just kept trying to start. Powered down - back up - McAffee says it is there - actually it is running a scheduled scan in the background as I type this. Ran the Root Kit test on Spybot - took over an hour. generated a significant list with 2 registry key items (in the details they both say "No admin in ACL") 19 folder items (which all say the same thing - "No admin in ACL")and several pages of file items which either say "No admin in ACL" or "Unknown ADS".

Joined your forum after reading a bit there - and am posting now to see if there is help available. Likely - if these two compters are infected, which the signs seem to indicate, the third is as well.

I have downloaded ERUNT - and upon running it the first time - saved a backup copy - but upon looking more closely at the instructions - I had checked two boxes - the default - instead of only "System" and so I tried running it again - now every time I run it, with only system checked - it bets 5 or so % of the way thru the progress bar and says: "error saving file RegCreateKeyEx:5 - Access Denied...I still have the first Erunt backup but seem to be no longer able to run the program.

I also did the DDS thing - and have two reports on my desktop (DDS.TXT and ATTACH.TXT)

So am unsure how to proceed from here - would appreaciate any asssistance one of you might have to offer. Thank you...Johnz

Jack&Jill
2013-02-18, 05:38
Hello johnz :),

If you still need help, please run DDS and post back fresh logs.

How to post a DDS log. (http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=1150&postcount=2)

Jack&Jill
2013-02-23, 06:02
Due to lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If it has been three days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh DDS log and a link to your previous thread. How to post a DDS log. (http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=1150&postcount=2)

If it has been less than three days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send a private message (pm) to me or a MOD. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.