PDA

View Full Version : I'm Not an Administrator??????

star59
2013-01-25, 13:48
Hello All,

Recently, I've been having a problem getting ALL the spyware off that Spy Bot's found. I had this problem before, but the folks at SpyBot told me to run the program from the start menu, which I did, and which solved the problem.

The problem is, that it's telling me I'm not the administrator, and is not able to fix a certain number of problems. I tried uninstalling it (which did not result in a full uninstall), and this did not work. Any help out there?

Thanks in Advance....

spybotsandra
2013-01-25, 14:03
Hello,

Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 might tell you that you are not being allowed to operate at the administration level of your computer.
You can solve this problem as follows:
Just right-click on the module’s icon you are about to run and select “Run as administrator”
You will find a screenshot of this problem in our FAQ:
How can I get administrator rights? (http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/how-can-i-get-administrator-rights-under-windows-vista7/)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

imageek
2013-01-25, 17:43
May I ask why Spybot is so dependent on the "Run as administrator" option?

spybotsandra
2013-01-28, 13:19
Hello,

For some programs you need explicit admin rights although you are the only user on the pc or are logged in as admin.
I am sorry, but that is the way Microsoft has programmed their operating system.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

bbnetwork
2013-01-28, 14:39
Hint only:

the only you can do, if you do not want to need to click the "run as admin" anytime is, to disable the User-Account-Control inside Windows or to enable the hidden Administrator-Account. But both of this should be done only from very experianced users and only if you alone havce access to your computer.

tashi
2013-01-28, 16:13
Hint only:

the only you can do, if you do not want to need to click the "run as admin" anytime is, to disable the User-Account-Control inside Windows or to enable the hidden Administrator-Account. But both of this should be done only from very experianced users and only if you alone havce access to your computer.
I do not recommend doing that, an experienced user doesn't need a hint. :)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/user-account-control

Best regards.