PDA

View Full Version : System Scan Speed

TheObserver
2013-01-30, 11:14
I have previously noted several issues I have with Spybot 2.0 in this thread (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=67314).

The difference in system scanning speed between versions 1.6.2 & 2.0 however; has become increasingly inconvenient.

1.6.2 system scans took between 12-16 minutes to complete meanwhile; 2.0 system scans take anywhere between 25-35 minutes to complete.

I can't understand why there is such a large disparity between the two versions? Has the underlying engine been altered to be more thorough? If so why has it become so inefficient? Is there any plans to fix this in the future?

At this point, if 1.6.2 supported Pale Moon Immunization there's no doubt in my mind that I would roll back to it.

spybotsandra
2013-01-30, 11:43
Hello,

Maybe you are not checking everything with version 1.6.2 and some items are set to be ignored?
Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" and select "Settings" --> "File Sets" in the left bar.
Is everything checked here?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

TheObserver
2013-01-31, 12:26
Yes, I have 1.6.2 set to scan for absolutely everything. It still takes 1.6.2 an average of between 12-16 minutes to perform the complete system scan whilst 2.0 takes anywhere between 25-35 minutes to perform the same function.