PDA

View Full Version : restrui.exe bad image The app or DLL C:\windows\system32\wbem\framedyn.dll..

alpha1
2013-02-07, 13:44
Hello,
today when I tried to enter to my pc, an error appeared stopping me from entering my limited account password (windows xp home sp3).
It says " restrui.exe bad image -
The app or DLL C:\windows\system32\wbem\framedyn.dll is not a valid Windows
image. Please check against your installation diskette. "
I ignored it - erase it and finally entered my account, but then when I try to open any notepad it leads to dos with something written but I don't have the time to read as it closes down immediately.
I tried to perform system restore but same error stops me.
I tried through safe mode, same result.
I right-click my computer, same error.
I can surf in the net so far. Cannot open a notepad or wordpad, and cannot restore system to an earlier point.
First thing I'd like to know is if I may perform destructive recovery through dvd, as if I may, do not care about data to save.
Or else, if I cannot, plse advise.
Thanks

alpha1
2013-02-07, 15:58
I applied manual instructions of microsoft about "application has failed to start because framedyn.dll was not found" and was able to perform system restore, yet notepad and wordpad still open in dos, I tried to read dos inscription, only its beginning I captured "some of the...".
I upgraded my NIS to latest program version and virus definitions and performed a scan, only cookies were found and deleted.
Awaiting for help.
Tks

tashi
2013-02-07, 16:09
Hello,

Please consider posting for assistance at WhatTheTech in this forum: Microsoft Windows™ (http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=119)

A volunteer there will advise. :)

Best regards.