PDA

View Full Version : How to run/open spybot SD resident

spybot1234
2006-08-23, 12:51
How to run/open spybot SD resident or make it active without running/opening the program (spybot- search & destroy) when the system start?

spybotsandra
2006-08-23, 13:09
Hello,

When you do not have the Resident TeaTimer icon in your system tray this is the only way to activate it:

Run Spybot-S&D, switch to the "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" --> hit "YES" --> select "Tools" in the navigation bar on the left --> "Resident" and there you can tick the checkboxes in front of the two tools.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

spybot1234
2006-08-23, 23:52
Hello,

When you do not have the Resident TeaTimer icon in your system tray this is the only way to activate it:

Run Spybot-S&D, switch to the "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" --> hit "YES" --> select "Tools" in the navigation bar on the left --> "Resident" and there you can tick the checkboxes in front of the two tools.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

I have tick the check boxes but the Resident TeaTimer icon in system tray always hidden/inactive until I run the program.

md usa spybot fan
2006-08-24, 00:37
I have tick the check boxes but the Resident TeaTimer icon in system tray always hidden/inactive until I run the program.
That sounds like it may be normal. If you right click on Start > select "Properties" > then select the "Taskbar" tab, do you have "Hide inactive icons" checked (near the bootom of the "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" dialog)?

If so you must click on the "Show hidden icons" button to display all the icons in the system tray. See the following image:

http://forums.spybot.info/attachment.php?attachmentid=198&d=1136185130