PDA

View Full Version : Spybot S&D causes Windows 8 File Explorer to Crash

Harry Trent
2013-03-11, 22:35
I ran across the mention of this issue by someone else. With the Free Home Version of Spybot Search and Destroy 2 installed, Windows 8 File Explorer crashes when I right click like when I want to view Properties. Doe it every time. When I uninstalled Spybot S&D the problem disappeared. Are others having this issue and is there a fix? Spybot is a wonderful program and I really want to have it in place. It will find malware that no other program will.

Harry Trent
2013-03-12, 00:16
Okay, answered my own questions. In setup options there are two choices for integrating SBSD with Windows File Explorer. If you uncheck them the problem is gone.

bbnetwork
2013-03-12, 08:23
Hello Harry

I cannot confirm your problem. I too use Spybot on Windows 8 and here the Explorer dont crash and i use the Integration of Spybot.

Do you have other Security - Software installed too?

spybotsandra
2013-06-05, 13:10
Hello,

It would help us very much if you could try this little tool (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85556593/Trac2310ListExplorerExtensions.exe) which would give us more information about any compatibility issues.

The app will list all other installed context menu extensions (that we haven't whitelisted as compatible yet), and this might help tracking down the issue.

Thank you very much. :)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot