PDA

View Full Version : When safe mode starts, it will shut down computer withing 30 secs...

EigoKyoukan
2006-08-23, 19:22
Hello. I am currently trying to remove some malware from another computer. The only nasties that SEEM to be left are this awvtu.dll and obbf115.dll (the second of which can never be found >.<). Any way when I try steps to remove the problem I will try and go into safe mode. Safe mode will start up, then when it gets to the dialog box asking if you would like to continue in safe mode the computer restarts on its own every single time. I will post HJT logs if needed (though mine is always short and sweet, the only things in HJT scans that are odd are awvtu.dll and obbf115.dll) though for this first post I did not because what ever is infecting the said computer will not let it access the internet. Thank you for any help rendered.

tashi
2006-08-23, 20:38
Hello

Please see the instructions in this sticky topic:
"BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps and scanning with SPYBOT-S&D (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

As you have problems with safe mode obviously leave out that step. :)

A helper will then assist you when available.

EigoKyoukan
2006-08-23, 23:48
Problem solved, just used Linux to remove the windows nasties. Wanted to set up dual boot on this system anyway ^_^.