PDA

View Full Version : Immunising V2

DougH
2013-03-13, 12:06
I have recently installed V2 with Windows8

When I come to Immunise it shows 4 columns.
Unprocessed with values
Unprotected 0
Protected 0
Total with the same values as Unprocessed.

When I 'apply immunisation' the values are moved to Protected.

However, if I exit immunisation or Spybot and restart all the values are set back as above. ie protected shows as 0.

If I run 1.6
There are 3 columns
Unprotected, protected & total
When I immunise any unprotected are added to the protected and the total updated.
After exiting and restarting the protected and total are maintained from the previous run.

Am I missing something? Many thanks for any advice.

bbnetwork
2013-03-13, 13:28
Hello DougH,

on Windows 8 you need to run Spybot with Admin-Rights.
Therefore rightclick on the Application and select the Entry "Run as Adminstrator".

Have you been doing this?

Are you young a 32bit or a 64bit Windows?

DougH
2013-03-13, 21:34
Yes for v1.6 and v2.
64bit

But why should 1.6 be different to 2?

bbnetwork
2013-03-14, 07:54
Did you run the Immunusation from 1.6 before or after the Immunusation from 2.0?

In 2.0, are there getting all entrys not immunisated/updated or only a special entry?

bbnetwork
2013-03-14, 08:39
Please also provide the Immunusation-Reports, which Spybot creates, for both Versions.

bbnetwork
2013-03-14, 14:18
The logs for the Immunisation, which i would like to see, are located at the following path:

C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs

and there its the Immunization-Browsers.log.

Please note: In some cases the folder "ProgramData" is hidden.
In this case you need to enable the option "Show hidden folders and files" in Register "View" from within the Odner-Options of Windows-Explorer.

DougH
2013-03-16, 22:34
Did you run the Immunusation from 1.6 before or after the Immunusation from 2.0?

In 2.0, are there getting all entrys not immunisated/updated or only a special entry?

Sorry for the delay in getting back.

I ran 2.0 only for a couple of months before I realised there was something odd.
I then downloaded 1.6 and tried it and got this different result.

DougH
2013-03-16, 22:41
The logs for the Immunisation, which i would like to see, are located at the following path:

C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs

and there its the Immunization-Browsers.log.

Please note: In some cases the folder "ProgramData" is hidden.
In this case you need to enable the option "Show hidden folders and files" in Register "View" from within the Odner-Options of Windows-Explorer.

I could only find one entry for the above. I don't know if it realtes to 1.6 or 2.0.

I had to convert it to .txt as .log won't upload

DougH
2013-03-16, 23:51
Just run v 2.0 attached and new log.

Tried to attach screen capture before and after but couldn't upload .doc files.

bbnetwork
2013-03-17, 08:36
Spybot 2 have a automatic Task for Immunusation so maybe when you started Immunusation again everything have been immunisated already.

What i wonder is, that the 1.6.2 find something new then.

When you uninstall the 2.0 did you chose to undo the changes which Spybot made?

Have you now both Version installed?

bbnetwork
2013-03-17, 09:27
The Logs show only Entrys for Mozilla and Opera.
Am i right, if i guess, that only some Entrys dont get fixet? Or do all not get immunisated?

Please also provide a Screenshot of the Immunusation-Wizzard.

DougH
2013-03-17, 13:49
The Logs show only Entrys for Mozilla and Opera.
Am i right, if i guess, that only some Entrys dont get fixet? Or do all not get immunisated?

Please also provide a Screenshot of the Immunusation-Wizzard.

I am using Chrome.
Both 1.6 and 2.0 are installed now. I have never uninstalled 2.0

How do I upload a screenshot.
I did a printscreen and pasted it into word but the uploader won't accept .doc files as an attachment.

bbnetwork
2013-03-17, 15:29
Chrome is not supported for Immunusation of Spybot.

You can upload the picture of the Screenshot to imageshacke.us or another Online-Picture-Hoster. This Service also provide a code for Forums .

lanedtul
2013-03-17, 17:58
yah i uninstalled it and went back to 1.6.1 version cuz spybot 2 is crap, it will not immunize i followed the way ur supposed to upgrade from 1.6.1 to the new one and it has never actually immunized at all everytime i do close page then reopen it it says 0 protected and i run it agin and repeat same results nothing gets immunized. IMO why mess with a version or style i should say, that worked flawlessly. thats why i went back to 1.6.1 cuz 2 apparently is buggy as heck

bbnetwork
2013-03-17, 18:18
yah i uninstalled it and went back to 1.6.1 version cuz spybot 2 is crap, it will not immunize i followed the way ur supposed to upgrade from 1.6.1 to the new one and it has never actually immunized at all everytime i do close page then reopen it it says 0 protected and i run it agin and repeat same results nothing gets immunized. IMO why mess with a version or style i should say, that worked flawlessly. thats why i went back to 1.6.1 cuz 2 apparently is buggy as heck

Also for you, 64bit or 32bit Windows and which parts dont get get immunisated? And also you provide Screenshots and Reports.

DougH
2013-03-17, 18:54
Chrome is not supported for Immunusation of Spybot.

You can upload the picture of the Screenshot to imageshacke.us or another Online-Picture-Hoster. This Service also provide a code for Forums .

Thanks.

If immunization is not supported for Chrome I may as well run 1.6 for that purpose and 2.0 for scanning etc.

Can you see any downside to that?

bbnetwork
2013-03-18, 08:36
Thanks.

If immunization is not supported for Chrome I may as well run 1.6 for that purpose and 2.0 for scanning etc.

Can you see any downside to that?

Chrome is generally not supported for Immunusation because Chrome dont offer the possibility to do it, so also Spybot 1.6.2 cannot immunize Chrome.

What means your last Sentenc? Which Downside?

DougH
2013-03-27, 09:19
Chrome is generally not supported for Immunusation because Chrome dont offer the possibility to do it, so also Spybot 1.6.2 cannot immunize Chrome.

What means your last Sentenc? Which Downside?

I meant is there any reason why I should not simply run 2.0 for scanning and run 1.6 for immunization?

But you say immunisation for Chrome isn't supported in either version?

What about IE10?

bbnetwork
2013-03-27, 09:27
I meant is there any reason why I should not simply run 2.0 for scanning and run 1.6 for immunization?

But you say immunisation for Chrome isn't supported in either version?

What about IE10?

Yes Chrome is not supported.

IE 10 will be supported from both, 2.0 and 1.6.2

spybotsandra
2013-03-27, 13:55
Hello,

If you think nothing has been immunized, please make sure you have clicked on “Check system” which can be found on the navigation bar on the left. This will check for already applied immunization.

The system is still immunized when you close Spybot.
In order to see it you just need to manually "Check System". We will improve this feature, that it will automatically do this once you open the immunization. This should avoid misunderstandings.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

DougH
2013-03-28, 08:39
Hello,

If you think nothing has been immunized, please make sure you have clicked on “Check system” which can be found on the navigation bar on the left. This will check for already applied immunization.

The system is still immunized when you close Spybot.
In order to see it you just need to manually "Check System". We will improve this feature, that it will automatically do this once you open the immunization. This should avoid misunderstandings.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Many thanks.