PDA

View Full Version : Help for a newbie please

gw3xjc
2013-03-17, 18:15
Hi guys, be gentle I am a newbie. I will make it brief in note form. My explorer was hyjacked by a programme ( whose name has just slipped my mind). Everytime I open explorer 8 it would take me to their search engine. I tried everything I knew to get rid of it. I bought the pro Spybot which got rid of it. However, ever since then, and it could be a coincidence. I have had a problem with IE8 that it seems to be stuck in "private viewing mode" ????? Please see my attachment, i may be describing it wrongly. You will see there are red crosses where this should be information. I first discovered this when I went to log onto a web site and could not find the log on button because it is blanked out. When I view these things in Monzilla, all is fine.
What have I done to try and resolve the problem??, I have reinstalled IE8, I have reset all settings to be default. I have changed the privacy settings as an experiment to no avail. Can any one point me in the right direction as I am out of suggestions now.

Regards Roger

Zenobia
2013-03-17, 23:25
Do you see InPrivate in a blue box up by your address bar?
What operating system do you have? :)

bbnetwork
2013-03-18, 10:57
Roger, in addition to the above, i would like to knew:
Are you using any other Security - Software too? (Which?)
Are you using the Browser-Immunusation of Spybot?