PDA

View Full Version : Language Files

Anthony A
2006-08-24, 02:03
When I installed the Spybot program I specifically chose not to download the extra language files. It seems to have done so anyway. I know have 5 languages to choose from and will not need any but English. Can I safely remove the extra languages? Thank You.

MacSurf
2006-08-24, 13:05
Hello Anthony,

no problem. If you open the folder Spybot-S&D -> Languages you will find some .sbl files. Simply delete the language files you do not need.
If you chose to not install additinal languages while the installation process this means all others than the default ones (which are english, german, french, italian and spanish). In any case you may delete the ones you do not need by following the instructions above. ;)

Anthony A
2006-08-24, 15:00
Hello Anthony,

no problem. If you open the folder Spybot-S&D -> Languages you will find some .sbl files. Simply delete the language files you do not need.
If you chose to not install additinal languages while the installation process this means all others than the default ones (which are english, german, french, italian and spanish). In any case you may delete the ones you do not need by following the instructions above. ;)

Thank You for the help. I didn't realize that the five languages were default. I thought the option to install the other language files at install was any language other than English.

MacSurf
2006-08-25, 11:21
They are the main languages in europe so we made them default ones. ;)
The additional languages are maaaaaany more. E.g. arabic, chinese, japanese, special dialects a.s.o. :cool: