PDA

View Full Version : Scanning and quarantine

Anthony A
2006-08-24, 15:35
After install I did a few scans. I noticed when the scan was finished that it found several tracking cookies but no usage tracks (they show up in green, the tracking cookies were red). From the several tutorials I have read I was under the impression that scanning for usage tracks was selected as a default during install. I went into settings/file sets and usage tracks was not selected so I selected it. Did another scan and this time there many usage tracks that were detected. I corrected all detections and every thing went well. I than went to quarantine to look around and only the usage tracks are quarantined. Spybot did not quarantine the tracking cookies (not that I need it to;) ). Just wondering if it is supposed to quarantine tracking cookies that have been selected to be removed? Some other programs I run(Ad-aware and Ewido) do quarantine tracking cookies. Thank You

spybotsandra
2006-08-24, 15:37
Hello,

Cookies will reinstall if you visit that special page (unless you are blocking them) - so there is no need for backups.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot