PDA

View Full Version : unable to remove problems detected

Chyrise
2013-04-11, 21:09
Hi! I'm new to all of this & need some help. Just installed Spybot, scanned my computer & was able to remove some problems detected, however it's telling me that some of the problems detected could not be removed because I am not the administrator. I checked and yes I am logged in as administrator (no one else uses this computer). I'm sure this has a simple solution- I just don't know it. Could some of you more computer literate people help me???

tashi
2013-04-11, 22:32
Hello Chyrise,

it's telling me that some of the problems detected could not be removed because I am not the administrator. I checked and yes I am logged in as administrator (no one else uses this computer).

"Spybot-S&D 2.0

How can I get administrator rights under Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8? (http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/how-can-i-get-administrator-rights-under-windows-vista7/)

Spybot-S&D 1.6.2

On Windows Vista and Windows 7, Spybot-S&D might tell you that you are not authorized to perform some actions, since they require Administrator rights. You can solve this problem as follows:

Right-click the Spybot - Search & Destroy entry in your start menu, instead of just left-clicking to start it.
Choose Run as administrator from the context menu. "

Hope that helps. :)

3rd Degree Burns
2013-05-07, 23:12
Spybot-S&D 1.6.2

On Windows Vista and Windows 7, Spybot-S&D might tell you that you are not authorized to perform some actions, since they require Administrator rights. You can solve this problem as follows:

Right-click the Spybot - Search & Destroy entry in your start menu, instead of just left-clicking to start it.
Choose Run as administrator from the context menu. "

Hope that helps. :)[/QUOTE]

I have just installed Spybot 1.6.2.0 and I use Windows 7. I'm unable to remove all threats due to not having administrator status but I'm afraid I don't get the option as detailed above when I right click the S&D entry in my start menu?

I am the owner of the computer and have administrator rights in my computer user account. I've tried the in programme help menu (with helpful picture) but my dialogue box/context menu doesn't look the same?

Any ideas much appreciated, there's one pesky offender I can't get rid of... :/

Zenobia
2013-05-08, 02:55
It's possible you might be rightclicking the Spybot folder in your Start Menu by mistake.
If you have a Spybot icon on your desktop,try rightclicking that,and selecting Run As Administrator. :)

3rd Degree Burns
2013-05-09, 21:21
It's possible you might be rightclicking the Spybot folder in your Start Menu by mistake.
If you have a Spybot icon on your desktop,try rightclicking that,and selecting Run As Administrator. :)

Hi again,

I unistalled and then re-installed Spybot and the problem is solved :) happy days! I obviously didn't install all the functionality first time round, thanks for your advice though, much appreciated :D:

Zenobia
2013-05-10, 05:13
You're welcome. :)