PDA

View Full Version : spybot 2 or 1.6.0

Ledman
2013-04-16, 03:47
Hi i have actually two questions and maybe i need some redirection ,but here goes. Do i need version 2 or the 1.6.0 cause i re-installed windows because in ie10 i couldnt download anything and my windows update didnt work ,it kept saying it needed to restart windows.
I tried microsoft fix it wu and the message disapeared but that was about it..

1.should i try using ie10 with tracelist filtering (like now on ie9)
2.spybot 2 or 1.6

i hope this wasnt related to me updating my marvel and atk drivers at the asus site, cause after a bios flash and re-installing windows ,i still get an error at boot screen
marvel 8(some numbers) cant find hard drive ,but windows loads right after.

eddit: using 1.6.0 from a mag cd right now before i updated windows

tashi
2013-04-16, 06:22
Hello Ledman,

What is your operating system please.

Best regards.

bbnetwork
2013-04-16, 12:08
1.should i try using ie10 with tracelist filtering (like now on ie9)
2.spybot 2 or 1.6

about question 1: this is completly up to you, as for me, i am using ie10 with trace-list filtering and it looks ok, not very special of course, there are still some leaks but its ok.

about question 2: you can use both software together

i hope this wasnt related to me updating my marvel and atk drivers at the asus site, cause after a bios flash and re-installing windows ,i still get an error at boot screen
marvel 8(some numbers) cant find hard drive ,but windows loads right after.

about this, i suggest you to answer tashis question and then wait for help of tashi, regarding this topic.

Ledman
2013-04-16, 14:07
Im using win7 64bits ,but what is the diff with these two versions ?
And can i use ie10 with silverlight only ?
Because i thought plug-ins like resident ie wont work on ie10 ..

ed: the boot screen error disapeared after disebelling marvel ide controler ,can you pm me tashi ?

tashi
2013-04-18, 05:27
Hello Ledman,

Im using win7 64bits ,but what is the diff with these two versions ?

1.6 is still supported but 2.0 is the current version. You can find information about the software on our home page: http://www.safer-networking.org/

And can i use ie10 with silverlight only ?
Because i thought plug-ins like resident ie wont work on ie10 ..

Microsoft Answers is a good place to ask questions regarding their software, worth bookmarking. :)
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum?auth=1

,can you pm me tashi ?
Forums are a cooperative effort for the sharing of knowledge and information. As such, they work best if there is a public exchange so that others may benefit or help too. :bigthumb: