PDA

View Full Version : Spybot +AV 2.1 Beta release thread

daemon
2013-04-18, 18:28
Spybot +AV 2.1 Beta just got released!

See our beta page (http://www.safer-networking.org/private/beta-versions/) for more details and download links.

Please help with testing so Spybot +AV 2.1 final will be rock stable.

You may use this thread for general comments about the second release candidate, please open new threads if you like to discuss specific issues.

:thanks:

daemon

drghughes
2013-04-18, 19:47
How does the anti-virus work, e.g. all the time, or just for manual scans?

How often will it be updated?

Who is creating the signatures?

Why does Spybot think we need this?

spybotsandra
2013-04-19, 13:30
Hello,

The anti-virus does work the whole time: for scanning and Live Protection.

Updates are available several times a day.

The AV signatures will be created by Bitdefender.

We present Spybot + AV because we like to offer our customers the best protection available by combining two market leading engines.
And many customers were asking about dedicated virus protection.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

bbnetwork
2013-04-29, 10:14
Is the public beta the official continuing of the closed beta? (Is it a future-developed Version?)

daemon
2013-04-29, 10:19
Is the public beta the official continuing of the closed beta? (Is it a future-developed Version?)

Yes.

daemon

bbnetwork
2013-05-01, 09:20
Will the live-protection also only work in home version or above?

daemon
2013-05-02, 10:56
Will the live-protection also only work in home version or above?

Yes, Live Protection will only be available in the Home Edition and above, not in the Free Edition.

daemon

matdefrance
2013-05-09, 12:30
Hello,

I read in the article you do on the website, that the final release of Spybot 2.1 will come in early May ... when will be finally the final version released ?

Second question, what are all the news features aboute the Free Version of Spybot Search & Destroy 2.1 ?
I wish me french translation and system scan in multi-thread.

Thank you for the answer, Spybot Team.

spybotsandra
2013-05-10, 11:10
Hello,

It will be released within the next weeks.
Spybot 2.1 also supports System Scan in multi-thread and is available in French.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

matdefrance
2013-05-10, 11:31
Hello,

It will be released within the next weeks.
Spybot 2.1 also supports System Scan in multi-thread and is available in French.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Thank you for your answer.

System scans in multi-threads, FREE version too ?

Release in the next weeks ? Beta 2 are finished next saturday.

matdefrance
2013-05-10, 12:03
I think that this beta don't disable windows defender at windows 7 ultimate - 64 bits. Maybe will conflicted between windows and spybot ?
I think that the bitdefender updates are very long in the beta too. I use it inside virtualbox, maybe it's that the problem ?

Can you list all new features of the free version 2.1 ? (If it have apart the new translations)

spybotsandra
2013-05-10, 12:31
Hello,

Scan on more than one core will be available in the Home and Professional Edition.
There should be no compatibility issues.
If some parts would conflict, just those parts could be disabled.
The new features of Spybot 2.1 are listed here (http://www.safer-networking.org/2013/spybot-av-2-1-beta-released-final-version-will-soon-be-available/).

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

matdefrance
2013-05-10, 20:56
Some menus aren't be totally traduce in french in the beta, especially in the configuration options.

I hope a complete french translation in the final release, free edition too !
I'm unfortunately user of the free edition of all my softwares...

I hope that the final version will soon be available, next week maybe ?

matdefrance
2013-05-11, 16:31
Hello,

I test the beta 2.1.17 on a virtual system (windows 7 - 64 bits) in virtualbox.
I have no problems to do the safer networking updates.
But it bugs with the AV bitdefender updates. Update failed.
I find the problem, I desactivated the spybot proxy and then no problem and the download are faster than before.

But I must say that some parts in the menus aren't totally traduce in french, one line in english and the second in french...
I hope an improvement.

bbnetwork
2013-05-13, 13:20
System scans in multi-threads, FREE version too ?

As for the Live-Protection, NO, for the regular Syste-Scan i think, YES

Release in the next weeks ? Beta 2 are finished next saturday.
The Final Release will be available close to this, if no big Bugs are found.

bbnetwork
2013-05-13, 13:24
But it bugs with the AV bitdefender updates. Update failed.
I find the problem, I desactivated the spybot proxy and then no problem and the download are faster than before.

As i understand, you mean bitdefender updates bugs.

Its because you have bitdefender probably configurated to use the System-Settings for Proxy, to connect to the Internet.
If you change the bitdefender configuartion to not use a Proxi, the bitdefender updates will work fine, also if the Spybot-Proxy is running.

matdefrance
2013-05-13, 19:30
Hello,

Thank you for your answers. I hope the multi-thread system scan and file scan will be integrated in the free version.

Is it normal if I click the system scan, the window which is open start automatically a scan ?

With the proxy, I noticed that the checkbox will automatically check after reboot of the system. However with the spybot proxy I can't do any bitdefender update.
Secondly, will the button application not change color (gray) after applicated ?

Thank you.

bbnetwork
2013-05-14, 08:44
Yes, also on my System the scan starts as soon as i open the scan-wizzard.

As for the proxy, you only need to change the confifuration of Bit Defender to "Do not use a Proxy".
This option is available in Connection-Tab of Config.

Which button should get gray?

If the proxy is supported the option wont turn greay.

matdefrance
2013-05-14, 09:55
Yes, also on my System the scan starts as soon as i open the scan-wizzard.
Also it's normal that it begin automatically at the opening of the windows ? Not the user which must click on the button start ?

As for the proxy, you only need to change the confifuration of Bit Defender to "Do not use a Proxy".
This option is available in Connection-Tab of Config.
This problem are closed.

But I think that bitdefender updates are very long, same with a 20 mbits/s internet connection.

Which button should get gray? If the proxy is supported the option wont turn greay.
If you open the options configuration window, you can confirm your choice with tree button, "ok", "cancel" and "apply". Must the button "apply" not get gray if you click one time on it ?

Finally, I'm a french user and some window aren't totally traduced in french, will you improve the french traductions of the final version ? Thank you.

bbnetwork
2013-05-14, 11:51
Also it's normal that it begin automatically at the opening of the windows ? Not the user which must click on the button start ?

Please open the Start-Center of Spybot (as Admin) and select the menu "Settings"
Now go to tab "Schedule" (shedule plan) (in frensh it may be called planifier un plan or something like this)

Please now create a Screenshot of ALL entrys, listed there and provide this Screenshot here in Forum.

Special attention should be taken to entry MRU-Scan.

If you open the options configuration window, you can confirm your choice with tree button, "ok", "cancel" and "apply". Must the button "apply" not get gray if you click one time on it ?

No, actually the button is not supoosed to behave this way.

Finally, I'm a french user and some window aren't totally traduced in french, will you improve the french traductions of the final version ? Thank you.

The french translation is, like all translations, constantly improving but some parts maybe could not (or cannot) be translated right now, because of programming-reasons.

matdefrance
2013-05-14, 19:37
Please open the Start-Center of Spybot (as Admin) and select the menu "Settings"
Now go to tab "Schedule" (shedule plan) (in frensh it may be called planifier un plan or something like this)

Please now create a Screenshot of ALL entrys, listed there and provide this Screenshot here in Forum.

Special attention should be taken to entry MRU-Scan.

Sorry, but I don't understand what you would like exactly, I take a screenshoot of the problem, it will be easier.

You can see that some parts don't be traduce and are already in english, but there are maybe possible to traduce it because in some other parts there are traduced...
To explain the problem, at the opening of this screen, I haven't the choice to do or not the scan. It will begin automatically at this screen opening, with the last default parameters, and I must first stop the scan and than wait that the scan finish (10-15 seconds) and than change parameters, for example do a total hard disk scan, and than you can only restart the scan with new parameters selected. Problem if it is a false manipulation too.

The safer networking proxy has already a bug too because we can't do any bit defender update when it is activated. If you want do the bitdefender update, you must firtly disabled the proxy of safer networking. (New feature).

bbnetwork
2013-05-15, 11:57
S'il vous plaît ouvrez le menu Démarrer-Center de Spybot (en tant qu'administrateur) et sélectionnez le menu "Réglages"
Maintenant, allez à l'onglet "Calendrier"
S'il vous plaît créer maintenant une capture d'écran de cette fenêtre.

Le proxy Safer Networking n'ont pas non plus un bug et vous n'avez pas besoin de tourner de, pour être en mesure d'utiliser update défenseur.
Il vous suffit de configurer les réglages de connexion défenseur de «ne pas utiliser un proxy"!

matdefrance
2013-05-15, 13:13
S'il vous plaît ouvrez le menu Démarrer-Center de Spybot (en tant qu'administrateur) et sélectionnez le menu "Réglages"
Maintenant, allez à l'onglet "Calendrier"
S'il vous plaît créer maintenant une capture d'écran de cette fenêtre.

Le proxy Safer Networking n'ont pas non plus un bug et vous n'avez pas besoin de tourner de, pour être en mesure d'utiliser update défenseur.
Il vous suffit de configurer les réglages de connexion défenseur de «ne pas utiliser un proxy"!

The Safer Networking proxy is a new feature of the version 2.1, then if it don't operate correctly (it is unusable), I must say it on the developpement team, otherwise it is unnecessary to do a beta !

Your request for the screenshoot.

matdefrance
2013-05-15, 17:25
The screenshoot of my question about the "apply" button :
And you can see that it is just partly translate in french.

And at this, you can see the problem of the automatically start :
And the partly french translation.

Thank you to you consider my request.

matdefrance
2013-05-16, 13:47
Hello,

My question at the team Spybot, Deamon for example :
-The inconsistencies that I reported, do you agree with it ?
-The final version, again for this week ?

daemon
2013-05-16, 14:08
Hello,

My question at the team Spybot, Deamon for example :
-The inconsistencies that I reported, do you agree with it ?
-The final version, again for this week ?

Hello mat,

in this thread it was stated that it will be released within the "next weeks", which still holds true. Spybot +AV 2.1 final is real close now, we are working on the last bits to prepare the release! :)

Updated translations are in the works. The proxy bug you noticed should be fixed in the final version.

daemon

matdefrance
2013-05-16, 14:18
Hello mat,

in this thread it was stated that it will be released within the "next weeks", which still holds true. Spybot +AV 2.1 final is real close now, we are working on the last bits to prepare the release! :)

Updated translations are in the works. The proxy bug you noticed should be fixed in the final version.

daemon

Thank you for your answer. And about the feature "system scan", is it normal to start automatically at the opening ? (see threads before)

Thank you.

daemon
2013-05-16, 14:26
Thank you for your answer. And about the feature "system scan", is it normal to start automatically at the opening ? (see threads before)

Thank you.

Yes, this works as intended. :) I think the idea is to safe the user a mouse click.

daemon

matdefrance
2013-05-16, 14:50
I think it's a shame because if you would change the configuration to scan just one partition and not the totally hard disk, you must firstly stop the scan and change the config, and than restart it. :sad:
But no problem for me, I respect your choice ! :)

Than good luke to finalize the writing of this version !

matdefrance
2013-05-16, 15:08
Deamon,

I'm just looking with the "repair environnement", and the system scan are much more logical, because in the repair environnement, you can open the screen of system scan, select parameters and if you validate the parameters, the scan are beginning automatically. For me is that system more logical that the second.

The second : In the normal system scan, if you click at the system scan, scan begin automatically, you must before stop the scan, change parameters, and than restart with correct parameters.
Correctrly, is for me open system scan, have the choice with the list button, if you change parameters, after validate it with ok, scan will automatically begin.

What do you think ?

spybotsandra
2013-05-16, 15:58
Hello,

I have forwarded this request to our development team. :)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

matdefrance
2013-05-17, 14:23
Thank you for your interest.

I hope that my opinion is shared by daemon. Perhaps a response from him ?

Otherwise, the beta 2 is finish today.

daemon
2013-05-17, 14:59
I hope that my opinion is shared by daemon. Perhaps a response from him ?

Maybe there is a misunderstanding: I am not a Spybot developer and can not decide about the design of certain features. So my opinion is not that important.

Otherwise, the beta 2 is finish today.

The Beta 2 will turn into a Free Edition when the license expires. :)

daemon

matdefrance
2013-05-19, 11:48
Maybe there is a misunderstanding: I am not a Spybot developer and can not decide about the design of certain features. So my opinion is not that important.
I thought you are the main developper of the spybot product. It is a mistake on my part and I apologize.

The Beta 2 will turn into a Free Edition when the license expires. :)
The beta increased in free version from today, and the fonction "scan system" are more logical in the free version. You must click to start the scan.
Just in the professionnal edition is it unlogical, start automatically, must stop the scan, change parameters, and restart the scan. I think it is a bug.

But in the free version (beta 2.1), why haven't we access on the options screen of the system scan ??? It means such as the professionnal edition, can choose the hard disk where you want to scan ???

Thank you.

bbnetwork
2013-05-21, 12:54
But in the free version (beta 2.1), why haven't we access on the options screen of the system scan ??? It means such as the professionnal edition, can choose the hard disk where you want to scan ???

I think into the Beta (which had a professional-licence) i have not seen such an option.

Azrael5
2013-07-31, 16:08
try to make this program the most light possible and the less invasive possible and let the user choose language without install others languages.