PDA

View Full Version : Spybot S&D 2 causes IE slowdowns

Tech83
2013-04-23, 04:05
Hi! All,

I'm working on recovering my system from a multi-hard drive failure and upon installing Spybot S&D 2.0.12.0 I notice that IE becomes very slow an unresponsive. Multiple web pages flat do not load for example Google, MSN, Youtube and Yahoo just to name a few. The browser auto fix from Microsoft states that the Spybot S&D plugin is the problem; is there a way to install Spybot S&D and prevent the plugin from being activated (put into use)? I also noticed that scan times for Spybot S&D 2.0 are slower than the scan times for Spybot S&D 1.6.2; kinda odd. :confused: Plus, Spybot S&D 2.0 states that my IE settings for handling cookies are not correct; I've got IE set to accept first party and session cookies while blocking all third party cookies an yet Spybot S&D indicates this isn't secure. :confused:

System specs: Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit, Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 64-bit, Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, Core i7 processor & 12GB memory.

That's it in brief.

Thanks, for your time,

Tech83

Zenobia
2013-04-23, 08:04
You could uninstall sdhelper with Spybot 2 still installed. :)

Open Spybot-S&D Start Center,check Advanced User Mode,click Settings,go to the System Integration tab,click Uninstall next to Internet Explorer Integration,then click Apply and Ok.

Tech83
2013-04-23, 21:41
You could uninstall sdhelper with Spybot 2 still installed. :)

Open Spybot-S&D Start Center,check Advanced User Mode,click Settings,go to the System Integration tab,click Uninstall next to Internet Explorer Integration,then click Apply and Ok.

Thanks, Zenobia!! :thanks: I'll give that a try. :)

Zenobia
2013-04-24, 05:27
You're welcome. :)