PDA

View Full Version : User control question

amystelter
2013-05-13, 20:08
I just installed spybot this morning. I ran the scan and I believe told it to fix the selected problems and shut down. Now when I just booted up User control continues to ask me to allow the program to make changes to my hard drive. I have clicked yes over 200 times now. I was not able to exit out by ctrl alt del to end the program either. I finally got in to change the user account settings not to notify me of changes but it is just a temporary fix until I figure out what it is doing. The system is new so I don't understand how so many files could have been installed that need to be rid of. Can anyone help me with this?

Amy

Zenobia
2013-05-14, 04:18
I`m not 100% sure if this will work or not,but you could try going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2(or C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2,for 32 bit,whichever applies),doubleclicking SDCleaner.exe and removing the checkmark at the bottom that says Run cleaner at system startup.

bbnetwork
2013-05-14, 11:58
I just installed spybot this morning. I ran the scan and I believe told it to fix the selected problems and shut down. Now when I just booted up User control continues to ask me to allow the program to make changes to my hard drive. I have clicked yes over 200 times now. I was not able to exit out by ctrl alt del to end the program either. I finally got in to change the user account settings not to notify me of changes but it is just a temporary fix until I figure out what it is doing. The system is new so I don't understand how so many files could have been installed that need to be rid of. Can anyone help me with this?

Amy

Which Version of Windows are you using?

Actually i think, its the same problem, which have been already been discussed into the german section of the forum (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?67324-Schwerer-Fehler-im-Maleware-Entfernungstool-von-Spybot-auf-Windows-8) - so its a known Bug, which are the developers are trying to fix.

Maybe you can provide the Checks und Fixes Log.