PDA

View Full Version : Cant Add sites to ignored URL's

hoekone
2013-05-23, 04:09
Hi there, ive been using the old version of spybot for some time now and this new version has me confused, im trying to visit a site i regularly visit and i could understand why its blocked to an extent, but i use this site for many things and need to access it. When i visit the site i get a page displaying the following

Connection refused

Unable to connect xxxxxxxxxx
Connection refused.
Check

the address for typing errors
the internet protection settings in Spybot settings
Windows internet connection settings
your network connection

I go into settings and to ignore lists, click the URL's tab but there is no add button there? how do i add a url to the ignore lists?

I havent run a scan yet, does this button appear after running a scan for the first time? this is a fresh new pc thats only been running for a couple of days and your software is slowing me down. I dont want to have to uninstall this but if i have no other options im going to have to, you will get no donations from me or my peers.

BTW im using spybot search and destroy 2.1, administrator privileges.

bbnetwork
2013-05-23, 12:04
The page which the Spybot-Proxy displays to tell you he detected an malecous URL shouls offer the option to allow the Website.

Like this:

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/thumbnail/spybotproxy2j9d8x45vkb_thumb.jpg (http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/view/spybotproxy2j9d8x45vkb.jpg)

Zenobia
2013-05-24, 02:24
You can't add a url to the ignore list on the URLS tab,any sites listed are ones you've whitelisted through your browser,which means they would not be blocked if any were listed there.
(Unfortunately,once I added some into mine,it doesn't look like the Remove button works,so I can't Remove them through Spybot.)

It's possible the site you're trying to visit might also be listed in the hosts file if you Immunized.I tried a couple and I got the same as you:

Connection refused

Connection refused.
Check

your network connection

hoekone
2013-05-24, 03:42
The page which the Spybot-Proxy displays to tell you he detected an malecous URL shouls offer the option to allow the Website.

Like this:

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/thumbnail/spybotproxy2j9d8x45vkb_thumb.jpg (http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/view/spybotproxy2j9d8x45vkb.jpg)

Yeah, but my screen didnt have those options, only what i posted.

You can't add a url to the ignore list on the URLS tab,any sites listed are ones you've whitelisted through your browser,which means they would not be blocked if any were listed there.
(Unfortunately,once I added some into mine,it doesn't look like the Remove button works,so I can't Remove them through Spybot.)

It's possible the site you're trying to visit might also be listed in the hosts file if you Immunized.I tried a couple and I got the same as you:

Yes, seems that the immunization may have caused this, not sure why, but it seems after i reverse the immunization the site loads back up. Is there anyway to stop this from happening? Is it necessary to immunize?

The old version i had of spybot never had this issue, even after an immunization.

Zenobia
2013-05-24, 04:45
If you don't immunize,then other known to be bad sites which you might not want to go to would be reachable,plus they wouldn't be added to restricted sites,etc.
There are a couple of different things you could try,though,if you'd rather have most immunization.
You could reimmunize everything,then edit your hosts file to remove the one site you'd like to reach.
This is for Windows 8:
http://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0000674.htm
Windows 7:
http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/windows-7-hosts-file/
If you do that,the site may still be listed in the Restricted Sites zone,though.
Oh,yes,and Spybot locks the hosts file as unreadable,so you'd have to rightclick the hosts file,select properties,and remove the checkmark from beside Read only before editing and then click OK,also.

Or,you could immunize everything except your hosts file.You'd just remove the checkmark from beside Global (Hosts),and immunize everything else.That would leave the one site reachable,but leave other known to be bad sites usually listed in the hosts file after immunizing reachable,too.
Again,the one site might be in the restricted sites zone,but it might still be functionable enough for you to use,you'd have to check. :)

hoekone
2013-05-24, 07:38
Thanks Zenobia, ill have a fiddle with those settings and see what i can do.

Zenobia
2013-05-25, 00:51
You're welcome. :)

giovanna99
2013-06-11, 09:33
I have the same bahaviour as hokeone. I tried to immunize and un-immunize. no way.
furthermore I use chrome as browser, but spybot only lists explore and firefox and I can't add chrome manually. any advice? maybe it can explain the whole thing?

bbnetwork
2013-06-11, 09:40
I have the same bahaviour as hokeone. I tried to immunize and un-immunize. no way.
furthermore I use chrome as browser, but spybot only lists explore and firefox and I can't add chrome manually. any advice? maybe it can explain the whole thing?

Does the Error in your case look like in the Screenshot i showed above?

giovanna99
2013-06-11, 12:15
Does the Error in your case look like in the Screenshot i showed above?

No, it looks as the hoekone one, that is to say:

Connection refused

Connection refused.
Check

your network connection

in other words it does not give me the choice to enter the url, as in your screenshot.
i tried to use firefox and explorer as browsers, for explorer it just stop the program, in firefox tells something similar to the above, but not mentioning spybot settings.

i think i must unistall the internet protection, just letting the disk scanning facility but how?

giovanna99
2013-06-11, 19:58
one addition to my previous post.
the first time it happened I haven't immunized yet. Afterwards I triedd to immunize and undo immunize but nothing happened. At any time any url/domain appears in the black list: the list is always empty.
At a certain time spybot refuses to connect even the google url. I had to restart the PC to enable google again.
I think there is something blocking port :80
many thanks for the help

Zenobia
2013-06-12, 03:20
Unimmunizing should take the sites out of the hosts files.
But if you can't connect on any of your browsers,that does sound like the site is in your hosts file.
Would you happen to use anything like MVPS Hosts or similar? http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

If you're on Vista or higher,try rightclicking Spybot start center and running as admin,(otherwise just open Spybot start center),click Startup tools,click Browse system settings when it comes up,then click the Hosts tab,and scroll through.Is the site you wish to visit listed in there? :)

p.s.:Is this just happening for one site,or is it when you try to visit any site?

bbnetwork
2013-06-12, 13:52
You also can go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc

and rename the file hosts (without any extention) to host.backup

After a restart of the System the Immunistaion should be gone.

spybotsandra
2013-06-12, 17:00
Hello,

This should help:
Disable the proxy.
Open the Spybot – Search & Destroy “Start Center“ and click on “Settings“.
Choose the tab “Internet Connection“.
Here you can untick the checkbox in front of "Use Spybot proxy".
Now click “Apply“ and “OK“.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

bbnetwork
2013-06-13, 12:02
If you did as Sandra sayed and the Problem still exists, please make sure into the global Settings of Internet Explorer (Internetoptions -> Connection -> LAN-Settings) the option "Use a Proxy to access the Internet" is disabled!

giovanna99
2013-06-16, 21:09
Hello,

This should help:
Disable the proxy.
Open the Spybot – Search & Destroy “Start Center“ and click on “Settings“.
Choose the tab “Internet Connection“.
Here you can untick the checkbox in front of "Use Spybot proxy".
Now click “Apply“ and “OK“.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

I will try this way (it sounds good). so far I have uninstalled spybot sence it randomly blocks many sites (ad I told also google). Just one question: what you intend when you say "disable the proxy"? thank you: i need my spybot again!

bbnetwork
2013-06-17, 11:25
I will try this way (it sounds good). so far I have uninstalled spybot sence it randomly blocks many sites (ad I told also google). Just one question: what you intend when you say "disable the proxy"? thank you: i need my spybot again!

You also can use Spybot as On-Demand-Scanner without the Internet-Protection of Spybots own Proxy.

giovanna99
2013-06-17, 15:48
You also can use Spybot as On-Demand-Scanner without the Internet-Protection of Spybots own Proxy.

Thank you, this is a very good idea but I don't know how to do.
When I reinstall spybot do the installation procedure ask me to do so? and - if not - how can I manage to do it once the program is already installed? I know I am a bit boring, but I tried to do iet during my previous explorations(i.e. to avoid the internet protection, using spybot only for on demand scans) but I couldn't find the right option.
ciao and thanks a lot

spybotsandra
2013-06-17, 17:24
Hello,

You just do this by disabling the proxy like recommended above.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot