PDA

View Full Version : Problem with the proxy function

Mateos
2013-05-29, 20:28
Good evening,

I have updated from 2.0 to 2.1 two days ago, and since I'm in trouble with the software...

The Internet settings of the system are gray, can't touched it, blocked on "Don't allow any connection if it's not through a proxy".

And so, turning off the Spybot proxy but keeping the Internet Protected makes a lot of websites unreachable (Proxy does not allow connection message), and turning of the protection makes IE and Chrome totally not working. Same if I uninstall it... Luckily kept the installer, reinstalled, turned on service + proxy.

Firefox works a bit when I configure it to not use a proxy, but still some sites aren't loaded.

Please, any solution? Read FAQ and looked for topics with "proxy", no result :/

Thanks in advance,

Mateos

bbnetwork
2013-05-30, 12:10
The Internet settings of the system are gray, can't touched it, blocked on "Don't allow any connection if it's not through a proxy".

Did you run the Settings-Wizzard with Administrator-Rights (http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/how-can-i-get-administrator-rights-under-windows-vista7/)? (On Windows Vista and above, you need to rightclick the application and select "Run as Administartor")

And so, turning off the Spybot proxy but keeping the Internet Protected makes a lot of websites unreachable (Proxy does not allow connection message), and turning of the protection makes IE and Chrome totally not working. Same if I uninstall it...

In some cases you need to manually remove the global Windows-Settings for using a Proxy.

To do this, open the Internet-Explorer (on Windows 8 in Desktop-Mode) and go to Internetoptions->Connections->LAN-Settings here you disable the Option "Use a Proxyserver for LAN-Connections" and click Apply and OK.

Firefox works a bit when I configure it to not use a proxy, but still some sites aren't loaded.

First, note same as above. Second, which sites are'nt loaded? Do you get an Error-Message? - If yes, how it is exactly? (provide a Screenshot if possible)

Mateos
2013-05-30, 21:35
Good evening,

It auto-asks for admin rights, no problem :)

Turned off the option, I still need Spybot proxy in order to reach most websites (including this page); Without, YouTube is hardly reachable (can't read videos btw), Google is reachable, and browser IRC works. The rest isn't reachable without Spybot proxy on >.>

I post and will edit for Firefox message without Spybot proxy, something if I loosed the connection between writing and posting it get lost.

Edit: I just get "Address can't be found" now on FF without proxy, with "Address valid, no data" with the Spybo UI.

bbnetwork
2013-05-31, 13:13
I just get "Address can't be found" now on FF without proxy, with "Address valid, no data" with the Spybo UI.

Did you use the Immunisation-function?

Mateos
2013-05-31, 19:22
Did you use the Immunisation-function?

Yes, after the first database update :)

bbnetwork
2013-06-01, 06:38
Yes, after the first database update :)

Please try to undo the Immunusation. Are you now able to access the Website?