PDA

View Full Version : Help understanding Spybot

rosefriend
2013-06-20, 12:47
Newbie here - please move this if it is in the wrong place.

I have managed to get Anchor.Hss on my PC (XP) and Laptop (W7) and using Spybot have got rid of a lot of the remaining stuff after I deleted the software but there is still some stuff about.
Spybot has found 3 entries (2 files and a Registry entries) on my PC and 2 entries on my Laptop but can't seem to get rid of them.

What I would like to know is this...

Can I delete the two files without any worry by following the link and what about the registry entry, because I honestly don't think I trust myself to do that... I am not a total computer numpty but Registry and Bios are things I tend to leave alone.

Thanks
RF

spybotsandra
2013-06-20, 16:17
Hello,

Can you post what was found exactly?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

rosefriend
2013-06-20, 18:48
Hello,

Can you post what was found exactly?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Hi Sandra - thanks for helping. Not sure if I have done the attchements properly though. Actually tried to delete the two files and was told that I couldn't!!

spybotsandra
2013-06-21, 15:03
Hello,

You can try to run a scan in safe mode (http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm).
Now fix the found items.
For Windows 7 please open Spybot with a right click and choose "run as administrator/take ownership" (www.safer-networking.org/faq/how-can-i-get-administrator-rights-under-windows-vista-or-windows-7/).
If that does not help I would recommend to click on the registry link on the found item, and then manually remove it there.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

rosefriend
2013-06-22, 11:49
Hello,

You can try to run a scan in safe mode (http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm).
Now fix the found items.
For Windows 7 please open Spybot with a right click and choose "run as administrator/take ownership" (www.safer-networking.org/faq/how-can-i-get-administrator-rights-under-windows-vista-or-windows-7/).
If that does not help I would recommend to click on the registry link on the found item, and then manually remove it there.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Finally got the mess sorted Sandra - many thanks for your help!!

RF