PDA

View Full Version : Ads playing on my computer but I can't see them

EricBwn
2013-07-07, 03:44
So lately I have ads constantly playing on my computer but I can't see them, I can only hear them and they don't show up on task manager. I've scanned my computer and removed all viruses and malware but its still happening. Does anyone know how to get rid of these ads permanetly? (sorry If I posted this in the wrong area).

tashi
2013-07-07, 04:01
Hello EricBwn,

So lately I have ads constantly playing on my computer but I can't see them, I can only hear them and they don't show up on task manager. I've scanned my computer and removed all viruses and malware but its still happening. Does anyone know how to get rid of these ads permanetly? (sorry If I posted this in the wrong area).

What is the operating system and security programs installed?

Which method did you use to remove the malware, were the ads playing before the cleanup?

Best regards.

EricBwn
2013-07-07, 05:24
Hello EricBwn,

What is the operating system and security programs installed?

Which method did you use to remove the malware, were the ads playing before the cleanup?

Best regards.

Hey tashi,

My operating system is Windows 7 and I used Malwarebytes to remove the malware. I did the clean up yesterday and the ads have been playing for a few weeks now. Any ideas about how to fix this?

tashi
2013-07-07, 05:47
Hi EricBwn,

Any ideas about how to fix this?

Might be best if someone takes a look at the system to see if any malware is left before viewing the issue from a different angle.

You could start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) and a volunteer analyst will advise when available. :)

If you decide to do that see that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide DDS and aswMBR logs, which are used in the preliminary analysis.
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Best regards.

EricBwn
2013-07-07, 18:14
Thanks tashi! ;)