PDA

View Full Version : Spybot and BitDefender together?

alternety
2013-08-05, 02:05
I have searched but not found this discussed. BitDefender has information that they and SpyBot have a joint product. That would be welcome given the incompatibilities we have seen in the past. Any information on who is selling what and when.

I just moved from Norton to BitDefender and previously removed SpyBot because of conflicts. I would welcome both installed and playing nice.

tashi
2013-08-05, 04:59
Hello alternety,

I have searched but not found this discussed. BitDefender has information that they and SpyBot have a joint product. That would be welcome given the incompatibilities we have seen in the past. Any information on who is selling what and when.

I just moved from Norton to BitDefender and previously removed SpyBot because of conflicts. I would welcome both installed and playing nice.

http://www.safer-networking.org/shop/ :) Hope that helps.

alternety
2013-08-08, 01:19
Does that mean that I can run Spybot from your site and the Win8 version of BitDefender on the same machine without them fighting over things? I have already purchased BitDefender.

tashi
2013-08-08, 02:07
Hello alternety,

Does that mean that I can run Spybot from your site and the Win8 version of BitDefender on the same machine without them fighting over things? I have already purchased BitDefender.

Only one antivirus program should be resident, therefore if you've already purchased BitDefender and have it installed as a separate program the Spybot-Search & Destroy free version without the AV is the one you want.

Hope that helps. :)