PDA

View Full Version : Begone QV06

seeana
2013-08-19, 17:21
I was infected with this awful malicious software QV06 and asked for help on various forums no replies! I suppose it was because I am a bit of a dummy I tried a few spyware programs but no joy,I then tried Spybot and although it did not remove it spybot detected it and stopped it from going any further but could not remove it completely.

It was imbedded into IE and no way was it going anywhere I then in desperation asked for help in the microsoft forums and thank goodness I got 4 replies( bless them) first set my IE back to the start for unstable computers then download ADW cleaner and RDKILL I found that they are now in a combofix which I downloaded and ran ...well it did the job my computer is now free of QV06 and I send my thanks to Spybot for detecting and stopping it from going an further I also have contacted those kind members from microsoft for taking the time to reply to this dummy but learning all the time it just takes a bit longer for us oldies to catch on.

I use Spybot now all the time and have deleted the ones that did not work,I think that used in conjunction with Combo fix it will make a formidable program to protect my computer as I will use Spybot in the front line and Combo fix as the back up.

Look I know I dont explain things very well and everyone has different things they are good at, I am just not too cluey on computers so if a dummy asks for help please consider answering them if you can help, I also hope that they take the time to send on their thanks as well.

Anyway hope that my thread might help someone like me in the future.

tashi
2013-08-19, 17:40
Hello seeana,

I use Spybot now all the time and have deleted the ones that did not work,I think that used in conjunction with Combo fix it will make a formidable program to protect my computer as I will use Spybot in the front line and Combo fix as the back up.

FYI: There's good reason not to use "tools" without supervision: Please DO NOT RUN ComboFix without being asked (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=16806) :)

Best regards.