PDA

View Full Version : Malware prventin download completion

dhwittmann
2013-08-27, 21:36
Hello
I have had major problems with my PC for a week or so. I cannot complete some downloads using Firefox or Chrome browsers ( e.f HTML-Kit or the current version of Spybot that I purchased. I have been using Spybot for years and actually made a donation in the past because I think you guys have developed a great tool. But now it seems to have failed as well a my McAfee subscribed antivirus software.
First I was not able to put this note into the Forum because I do not understand the logic of the forum site and I did send this by e-mal. But. Now I have figured how to post. I followed the instrucution in the Forum about Malware problems
:snorkle:
Forum:
It took me a while to read all the preconditions for posting in Forum. As recommended by tashia I downloaded ERUNT and made a backup of my registry.
DDS- -->I had problems downloading DDS and after rooting several times I was able to run it it to a point where my my PC froze
aswMBR --> does not download at all and my PC freezes

I uninstalled Spybot as mentioned above to get rid of tea timer.
Can you please help? http://forums.spybot.info/images/smilies/Snorkle.gif
Thanks, Dietmar

ken545
2013-08-28, 12:28
:welcome:

Just reply to this thread only by using the SUBMIT REPLY and please dont start any new threads or I wont be able to find you. Also lets keep Spybot uninstalled until we get you up and running and then you can reinstall it.

Lets try running DDS again, this time try running it in safemode

To Enter Safemode

Go to Start> Shut off your Computer> Restart
As the computer starts to boot-up, Tap the F8 KEY somewhat rapidly,
this will bring up a menu.
Use the Up and Down Arrow Keys to scroll up to Safemode with Networking
Then press the Enter Key on your Keyboard

Tutorial if you need it How to boot into Safemode (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial61.html)

ken545
2013-08-30, 00:26
Still need help ?

ken545
2013-08-31, 13:01
Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

If it has been three days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a new DDS log with a link to your previous thread. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.