PDA

View Full Version : Some red flagged items I need help with

samkat
2013-09-01, 18:54
Hi

I received an email from Google this morning saying that someone from Germany had tried to access my Google account, but Google blocked them from accessing it. I changed my password, ran a virus scan and downloaded SpyBot. I ran RootAlyzer. I'm concerned about the following red flagged items.

File:"No admin in ACL","C:\ProgramData\Cisco Systems\Cisco Connect\Log\logfile.CiscoConnect_exe.txt"
File:"No admin in ACL","C:\ProgramData\Cisco Systems\Cisco Connect\Log\logfile.CiscoConnect_exe_1.txt"
File:"No admin in ACL","C:\ProgramData\Cisco Systems\Cisco Connect\Log\logfile.CiscoConnect_exe_2.txt"
File:"No admin in ACL","C:\ProgramData\Cisco Systems\Cisco Connect\Log\logfile.CiscoConnect_exe_3.txt"
File:"No admin in ACL","C:\ProgramData\Cisco Systems\Cisco Connect\Log\logfile.CiscoConnect_exe_4.txt"
RegyKey:"No admin in ACL","HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE","\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nsi\{eb004a11-9b1a-11d4-9123-0050047759bc}\","8"
RegyKey:"No admin in ACL","HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE","\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Nsi\{eb004a11-9b1a-11d4-9123-0050047759bc}\","8"

My computer's been running a little slow, but not bad. I've had no major problems. I'm running Windows 8 on a Dell Inspiron laptop.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

tashi
2013-09-04, 04:53
Hello samkat,

Those items don't appear to be an issue. Cisco (http://www.linksys.com/en-us/wireless/ciscoconnect)is a router company.

In general all items found by the RootAlyzer are not necessarily malicious. The RootAlyzer shows items which it believes to be out of the ordinary and may give a hint for an infection.
The RootAlyzer is an analyst tool, it is not a scan and fix tool like the System or File Scan.
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?68807-MBR-PhysicalDrive0&p=442397&viewfull=1#post442397

I received an email from Google this morning saying that someone from Germany had tried to access my Google account, but Google blocked them from accessing it. I changed my password, ran a virus scan
Such doesn't necessarily mean the computer itself is infected. It was a good idea to change your password, have you experienced any issues since Google first made contact?

Best regards.