PDA

View Full Version : Fixed: Hotspot Shield

twe0001
2013-09-02, 15:13
Spybot detects Fraud.HotspotShield as "very critical" malware and deletes everything necessary for Hotspot Shield (by AnchorFree) to run. Spybot indicates that Fraud.HotspotShileld says that it is anti-spyware, but then sends the user a list of risks, telling them they must by a license to have those risks removed.

The HotspotShield (by AnchorFree) removed by Spybot, however, has never sent me a message about "risks on my computer" or told me I needed to buy a license to remove those risks. In fact, it gets 5-stars from CNET - see their review at http://download.cnet.com/hotspot-shield/ They note that Hotspot Shield is a VPN providing security on open networks.

It would be great if someone at Spybot took another look at what's being detected and removed for Hotspot Shield (by AnchorFree)

micha
2013-09-04, 12:45
thank you for reporting this issue, it will be corrected with the next detection update scheduled for Wednesday 2013-09-11.

kstavert
2013-09-04, 23:04
I am having the same problem on
one of my PC's (I have 3)

Spybot tags HSS on one computer
only as being a serious threat level

Rule #B6D75DF2

It's a royal PITB to have to continually
uninstall and reinstall HSS (I don't always
find all of the instances)

Will greatly appreciate a fix for this

Thanks karen

roberto
2013-09-11, 11:00
Thank you very much for reporting this issue. We have updated our MalwareC database. It will be published today, 2013-09-11.