PDA

View Full Version : Internet disabled by SpyBot

mcenerny
2013-09-02, 21:03
SB seems to be blocking my internet access. Every time I do a system scan my connection to the network goes down. I have to do a system restore to get it back. This is also happening to two other people that I recommended Spybot to. It seems to have something to do with the firewall and security settings as those are identified as problems. Nothing else looks likely.

tashi
2013-09-04, 01:40
Hello mcenerny,

Which version of Spybot -Search & Destroy do you have and is the Spybot proxy enabled?

Best regards.

mcenerny
2013-09-18, 19:51
Hello mcenerny,

Which version of Spybot -Search & Destroy do you have and is the Spybot proxy enabled?

Best regards.

The most recent version - I removed it so am not sure of the specifics. First I disabled the Spybot proxy and restored what I could, but even after removing Spybot my internet was still not working. I had to restore the system to before installing SB.

tashi
2013-09-18, 20:18
Hello mcenerny,

The most recent version - I removed it so am not sure of the specifics.

First I disabled the Spybot proxy and restored what I could, but even after removing Spybot my internet was still not working. I had to restore the system to before installing SB.

Without knowing the specifics it's hard to say what happened, but glad things are back to normal. :)

Best regards.

mcenerny
2013-09-19, 17:27
Hello mcenerny,

Without knowing the specifics it's hard to say what happened, but glad things are back to normal. :)

Best regards.

Normal = no SpyBot??

tashi
2013-09-19, 20:12
Hello mcenerny,

Normal as in you have your connection back?

See your post #3 in this thread. http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?69239-Internet-disabled-by-SpyBot&p=445209&viewfull=1#post445209

To try troubleshooting the issue details that might help. :)

The operating system
All security programs installed
Version of Spybot downloaded

http://www.safer-networking.org/

Kind regards.