PDA

View Full Version : Quarantine

crewzin
2013-09-20, 16:55
Hi, new member here. I've been using Spybot for quite awhile but there's one thing that I'd like to find out if someone knows the answer. After getting rid of anything Spybot detects I usually go right over to the Quarantine box. There it shows me 20-30 boxes that I'd like to purge BUT I have to do them one-at-a-time. I can't see any place that I can click that would say "purge all". Is there such a button that I can get rid of all that's in Quarantine all at once? Thanks for any help.

Zenobia
2013-09-20, 21:34
No,there is no Purge All button.
You can rightclick in the window and select All From Product then click Purge Selected.That will get rid of a grouping of the same things at once.

The problem with having a Purge All button would be that from time to time a false positive might happen.In that case,having whatever was removed backed up into quarantine helps to make whatever the false positive was recoverable.

There is a Purge Old option.That works on the basis that if you've had something in quarantine for 90 days or however long and haven't needed it,it's probably ok to remove the older stuff in recovery by now.
And with that,I was able to find a workaround to remove everything in quarantine,by selecting Purge Old in the upper left corner,and then selecting yesterdays date.You could do that,too,if you wish to,but I think your best bet is that you only do it if you`re fairly certain that everything in quarantine is not a false positive. :)

crewzin
2013-09-20, 21:49
Thank you.

Zenobia
2013-09-21, 06:55
You're welcome. :)