PDA

View Full Version : disable autostart

bruswain
2013-09-24, 19:21
where are the settings that control autostart in spybot 2?

Thanks,

Zenobia
2013-09-25, 00:52
That isn't under Settings in Spybot 2 or 2.1.
If Spybot is running at startup and you'd like it to stop,try going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2 or C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2,whichever one applies to you,scroll down and find,then open SDCleaner.exe,and uncheck Run cleaner on system startup.

So,Spybot generally runs when your computer starts up so it's better able to remove something it couldn't remove during a normal scan.Is that what was happening with you?

bruswain
2013-09-25, 01:20
Yes, thank you. This should solve it. I wanted the option to disable at startup to minimize background processes and just run Spybot when needed. However, your point regarding it catching things not normally caught during a scan is something I will take into consideration as well.

Zenobia
2013-09-25, 07:21
You're welcome. :)

My point was more along the lines of letting you know that generally Spybot asks to run on startup if it's unable to remove something during a scan,and that might be why you see it at start up,though. :)
And on me giving it a second thought,did you mean it was running a scan on startup,or did you mean the tray icon?Because the tray icon can be disabled from running at startup through settings.

bruswain
2013-09-26, 23:56
It's the tray icon that is running at startup.

I do not see it in setting though?

Zenobia
2013-09-27, 02:16
It's under the System Integration tab. :)