PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted Download

Cujo5
2013-09-30, 02:58
I've tried downloading from all of the mirror sites and each and every time it says that the file is corrupted.

Initially I was using Chrome. This resulted in a successful download but when I tried installing it, it says that a source file was corrupted. Different downloads from the various websites resulted in different files that were corrupted (didn't notice any pattern).

I then tried to use IE to download it. During download it said that the signature was corrupted and didn't save it to disk.

Now, I've been getting a certain pop up ad on various websites for quite a while (the ad claiming that they made websites like these to generate a great income and how you could do the same or something, I wasn't paying attention). Initially I just assumed it was the websites, but now I'm starting to wonder if I actually have something on my computer. My AV software doesn't pick anything up, so I continued to just assume it was the websites... until now. Could it be possible that I do have malware and it's corrupting the SpyBot download? How do I find out? If I do have something, I've had it for months and months. I also get Chrome and IE freezing for quite a while too while it rips into the hard drive. It's far worse on Chrome though and everything freezes - including the mouse. This happens periodically during my session but just about always happens first or second time I open Chrome or IE. I cannot find a way to stop it.

All in all though, I can't download SpyBot to see if I do have anything, so any help here would be great.

Also, another issue I have with rebooting from nothing is that my G15 doesn't work until Windows is loaded, so I can't get into the Bios or hit F5 or F8 (forget which one it is), safe mode, etc.

Zenobia
2013-10-01, 05:58
I don't have Chrome.But I see the newest Internet Explorer gives you a choice to either Run or Save a file now.If you haven't tried it already,Save the Spybot setup file first,then run it after it's saved,see if you have better luck. :)

Logitech G15?That's a USB keyboard,isn't it?
Ignoring the "getting into the BIOS" problem for the moment(I'll come back to that later),you can get into safe mode from windows on most operating systems.How to is listed for just about every operating system on this page,below the F8 method:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/
There's a warning at the end,though,so please read through that first:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/#force_safemode
But,the chances of that happening to you should be minimal.