PDA

View Full Version : Important Updates

hivolts220
2006-08-29, 19:46
Hi, new to this forum. Spybot has always worked great, never had concerns. I do have one question about updates. Hope you can help. When the list of updates show, I remember the previous version 1.3 would automatically check the important updates. This does not happen with the current version 1.4. Is it working properly or is there a problem with my program? I ask because there are two updates I'm not sure of. Even when I click select important updates no checks marks are added to either of them. I wanted to know if they should be installed? These are the two updates. Thanks for your help and info.
1 Advanced detection library - under info it says - Advanced detection routines update
2 Detection support library - under info it says - Detection support routines update

md usa spybot fan
2006-08-29, 20:31
The updates:
Advanced detection library
Downloads: advcheck.zip
Contains: advcheck.dll and install-advc.ini files.
Purpose: Updates the C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\advcheck.dll file.
Detection support library
Downloads: tools.zip
Contains: install-tools.ini and Tools.dll files
Purpose: Updates the C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Tools.dll file.
I strongly recommend that you download all updates presented when you do a "Search for updates" unless you are using the "Web update" settings as follows:
There are optional downloads that can be selected by going into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings. Under "Web update" in the options tree there are three options that present additional files for download. They are:
Display available beta versions.
Display updates for other languages.
Display new and updated skins.