PDA

View Full Version : Application Failed to Initialize Properly

Ronw116
2013-10-30, 21:16
I recently upgraded SpyBot and now I get the following pop-up error message:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the applicaion."

If I click on OK, nothing happens. If I repboot, the error message comes back up.

It appears to be a SpyBot type of error but I can't fine out (yet) how to fix it.

Any suggestions?

-Ron

Zenobia
2013-10-31, 21:11
When are you getting that message?Only when you attempt to start Spybot?
Or does it happen at other times,too?

Ronw116
2013-10-31, 21:38
When are you getting that message?Only when you attempt to start Spybot?
Or does it happen at other times,too?

Each time that I turn my PC on. I guess the boot-up is looking or trying to do something and the message popw up.

Zenobia
2013-11-01, 00:05
Ok,up above the red X when that error message comes up,there should be a coloured bar across the top(most likely some shade of blue),and in that it should list whatever it is causing the trouble,followed by - Application Error.What does it say right before it says Application Error?
I linked to a page with a similar error message,since it's kind of hard to explain in words,and have it make sense. :)
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2386/lsasserror7rg.jpg

Ronw116
2013-11-04, 22:23
Hi Zenbia,

I sent you an email with an image of the message. I don't seem to be able to past the imagen here, in this thrade.

The message line is: X The application failed to initialize properly (oxcoooo142). Click on OK to terminate the application.............. Nothing happens if I click on OK or click on the X

-Ron

Zenobia
2013-11-04, 23:32
I didn't receive anything by pm,so I couldn't view the image. :)

The message line is: X The application failed to initialize properly (oxcoooo142). Click on OK to terminate the application.............. Nothing happens if I click on OK or click on the X
Is there anything written above that,in the title bar of the error message?That would let you know where the application error is coming from.
It could be obscure.....such as Windows - Application error.
Or more specific,something along the lines of Regedit.exe - Application Error,like shown in this link:
http://john.bryntze.net/jbkb/images/6/69/WinXP-kk3-ApplicationError.png