PDA

View Full Version : New spybotter seeks solace - or a Samaritan

AlmightyDog
2013-10-31, 16:48
Hi everyone, I'm brand new to this. 1st time ever buying security software (last Friday). 1st time participating on a forum thingy. Many questions -I'm using XP Pro by the way - WHY DOES Spybot continually scan everything every time I click anything? E.G. constant scanning of RealPlay.exe? The Spybot installation (seems to have) mightily slowed things down.

AlmightyDog
2013-10-31, 18:27
Further to the previous post - now that I am on this Spybot forum I am not just plagued with untold popups but also whole unasked-for webpages cover the threads I'm trying to access. Sites with names like blinxxVideo, FoxSports, softdownloads, lipixeltrack, Take2Game, etc,etc,. Are these familiar to anyone?
I am now at the stage where I regret paying for Spybot - feeling foolish for trusting it.
I have tried private-mssaging a moderator, and will force myself to be patient for another 24 hours - but then I really must uninstall and move on. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can stop these maddening popups and speed things back up?

AlmightyDog
2013-10-31, 20:10
What a discovery. Ther's a lightswitch logo called SETTINGS. Ha.
Messed about with the scheduler, etc, and will see how the machine behaves tommorrow.
As I write, still getting popups galore and freezing happening.
I will sleep on it and try again.
Is it ominous that I can't find Safe-Networking Ltd in the Irish Companies Registration Office?:police:

tashi
2013-11-01, 05:55
Hello AlmightyDog,

Which version of Spybot do you have?

Is it ominous that I can't find Safe-Networking Ltd in the Irish Companies Registration Office?http://forums.spybot.info/images/smilies/police.gif

The correct spelling is Safer-Networking Limited :)

I have tried private-mssaging a moderator,

Please provide details regarding the computer issues you experienced, as indicated in your PM, before the software was installed. :)

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to this. 1st time ever buying security software (last Friday).

Did you have any security programs installed previously?

Best regards.