PDA

View Full Version : Spybot not detecting core.insightexpressai.com

dsw528
2013-11-12, 00:26
I recently found that my computer, along with 3 other computers in our household have been infected with core.insightexpressai.com. I ran a scan with SpyBot, but it didn't identify it as a threat.

Did a search on it, and found multiple resources saying it is a virus and/or browser hijacker. It keeps giving a webpage popup (see attached file below), and I've even had it open the browser when the browser was not already open, and give me the popup.

Kinnis
2013-12-01, 06:08
I am having the same problem. Somebody please help. No anti-adware is getting rid of it.

tashi
2013-12-01, 06:30
Hello Kinnis, :welcome:

Please list:

Version of Spybot
The operating system
Other security programs installed
Any other issues with the computer's performance

Best regards.

Kinnis
2013-12-01, 06:53
I'm using version 1.6.2.46 and have Windows 8. My default anti-virus is McAfee, but since the infection I've tried Ad-Aware and Malwarebytes.
Since then I've been getting the same annoying pop-up that the OP had. I switched from Internet Explorer to Firefox, but I just found out it's still here. Pages seem to load slower ever since, but it may just me being paranoid.

tashi
2013-12-01, 22:02
Hello Kinnis,

since the infection I've tried Ad-Aware and Malwarebytes.
Since then I've been getting the same annoying pop-up that the OP had.
Could you clarify please and is Spybot the only program making the detection? :)

I'm using version 1.6.2.46 and have Windows 8.

Please consider upgrading to version 2: http://www.safer-networking.org/private/

Best regards.