PDA

View Full Version : How to set version 2.2.25 not to delete passwords in browsers

Amylogamy
2013-11-23, 21:48
Hi,

I recently updated my free version of Spybot to 2.2.25. from 1.6.2 Now every time I do a scan all of my preset passwords are erased and I have to enter them again. Example: my mail, Facebook, Amazon etc. I did not have this problem with the old version. How can I chance the settings so that I can keep my passwords after a scan?

Thank you,

Amy

Zenobia
2013-11-24, 01:07
Your preset passwords are probably erased after Spybot fixes certain usage tracks found in a scan:
http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/usage-tracks/
To get Spybot to stop scanning for tracks,open Spybot-S&D Start Center,checkmark Advanced Mode,click Settings(saying yes if prompted by UAC,if applicable),then the categories tab,and somewhere in the Spybot window,rightclick and select Spyware scan only. :)

Amylogamy
2013-11-24, 05:16
Your preset passwords are probably erased after Spybot fixes certain usage tracks found in a scan:
http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/usage-tracks/
To get Spybot to stop scanning for tracks,open Spybot-S&D Start Center,checkmark Advanced Mode,click Settings(saying yes if prompted by UAC,if applicable),then the categories tab,and somewhere in the Spybot window,rightclick and select Spyware scan only. :)

Hi Zenobia,

I got all the way to Categories and the only thing similar says: Search for usage tracks. Should I uncheck this one? I did not see any saying Spyware can only....

Thank you

Amy

Zenobia
2013-11-25, 05:06
Hi. :)
You see 'Spyware scan only' when you rightclick your mouse in the window where you see Search for usage tracks listed.
But unchecking tracks.uti - Search for usage tracks should work just as well.
I forgot to say before,also click the Apply and Ok buttons below,as well. :)

Amylogamy
2013-11-26, 04:50
Hi Zenobia,

I was able to see the Spyware scan only. I have not done a scan yet but I would let you know if this works.

Thanks so much for your help.

Amy

Zenobia
2013-11-26, 06:42
You're welcome. :)