PDA

View Full Version : System Scan open by self?

celle
2013-12-01, 05:24
Running Win 7 64bit, Spybot 2.2
Sometimes Spybot open by self the System Scan windows. No warning, no message, just the windows, is just like I've just opened by myself.
I've searched options to understand if is scheduled or something like that, but nothing.
And... no Tea Timer in background, and no options about it. Think I don't have it at all (some advice for how I can figure it out would be nice).
I've enabled "advanced user" and checked and re-checked for things like "open when..." or Tea Timer, or stuff like this. Nothing.
I'm quite sure this thing is nothing related to warnings, cause when System Scan show up there is no type of warning, no report or download... it's way seems weird to me).

I just want to know why Spybot's System Scan open by self without (seems) no clue.

Zenobia
2013-12-01, 06:40
Teatimer isn't in the Spybot 2.2 version.
There may be a scan scheduled,that's usually an option when installing Spybot.
To check,you can open Start,type task scheduler in the search box,then open it,open task scheduler library,open Safer-Networking,click Spybot Search & Destroy,if the task is there,it's probably called scan the system.
I believe the default scan time is at the first of every month. :)

celle
2013-12-01, 15:33
Hi Zenobia
thanks for your advice, but no, I've just checked and there is no voice or option in task scheduler about Spybot.
I think is something else, cause when system scan show up there is nothing running, or no enquire about scan, malware, etc.
Is not a great problem, but bothers me cause I want to know every aspect of my PC under this view, and Spybot is a little "creepy" opening by self (it's a security program, if opens there must be a good reason!).

Zenobia
2013-12-01, 23:14
Some other people have mentioned parts of Spybot opening with no known reason in the past.Usually it's the immunization window.
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?69429-Immunization-window-pops-up-regularly-how-do-i-disable-it
I've yet to figure out why.
In Advanced Mode,Settings,there is the dialogs tab,but nothing in the list looks relevant.There's also a checkbox up top that says 'Show various non-critical dialogs(except the ones disabled below)',but I'm not sure if unchecking it stops every dialog from coming up or not.