PDA

View Full Version : Live protection partial

bikeral73
2013-12-02, 17:05
I'm a bit new on this forum so bare with me if this is a simple question.
What does Live Protection Partial mean, and what do I need to do to get full protection.
SpyBot is now my only anti virus, I also have Windows Defender. I'm on Win XP.

Zenobia
2013-12-03, 03:18
Which edition do you have,Spybot free,Spybot Home version,or Spybot Professional Edition? :)

bikeral73
2013-12-03, 10:33
Which edition do you have,Spybot free,Spybot Home version,or Spybot Professional Edition? :)
I'm on Spybot Home version

Zenobia
2013-12-03, 16:49
Ok,thanks. :)
If you rightclick on the Spybot icon down by your computer clock,is there a checkmark beside Live Protection?
Also,there was a Home Edition before Antivirus was included,I believe,so after you're done checking if Live Protection has a checkmark,could you click Start Center and tell me which version is listed at the top of Spybot?It'll say something along the lines of Start Center(Spybot Search & Destroy 2.2).

bikeral73
2013-12-03, 22:09
Ok,thanks. :)
If you rightclick on the Spybot icon down by your computer clock,is there a checkmark beside Live Protection?
Also,there was a Home Edition before Antivirus was included,I believe,so after you're done checking if Live Protection has a checkmark,could you click Start Center and tell me which version is listed at the top of Spybot?It'll say something along the lines of Start Center(Spybot Search & Destroy 2.2).
There is no icon by my computer clock, but I am on Spybot 2.2 with AV

Zenobia
2013-12-03, 23:54
Oh,I assumed you were seeing Live Protection partial on the Spybot icon down by your clock when you hovered your mouse over it.
Where are you seeing Living Protection partial at? :)

bikeral73
2013-12-04, 09:56
Oh,I assumed you were seeing Live Protection partial on the Spybot icon down by your clock when you hovered your mouse over it.
Where are you seeing Living Protection partial at? :)
Top right of screen it says : Live protection partial (Yellow box)
Internet service ( Ticked)
Update service stopped (Ticked)

(m/f)
2013-12-04, 10:18
Hi, "Live Protection: partial" means that the service is running but Live Protection is not checked in SDTray. The status will be renamed to "paused" or something similar in future version since "partial" confuses a lot of our users.

bikeral73
2013-12-04, 11:08
Hi, "Live Protection: partial" means that the service is running but Live Protection is not checked in SDTray. The status will be renamed to "paused" or something similar in future version since "partial" confuses a lot of our users.

OK thanks for all your replies.I have no other doubts.