PDA

View Full Version : My Quick Opinion Here.

LeslieHasenkamp
2013-12-16, 18:23
I have used Spybot Search and Destroy for Years! I do not have a lot of money.. This is why spybot Search and Destroy was an Ideal tool for my families computers. I needed a tool that was free to keep our family computers cleaned up a bit and to keep them from being sooo slow. Was a PERFECT tool! All you had to do was download it. Install it. Update it. Open it. and Click Start. Fix all found. Immunize it. Close it. DONE! Perfect Tool Nothing else could compare. Always did great after doing that. I recommended it to all my family. My folks and My Husbands folks would ask me to fix their computers up every time we would go and see them. First thing i did was Open up spybot and Tada! worked like a charm.

I understand that times change and people get a bit more money and things get more high tech.. that is understood and a given. I also understand that as times change threats become more of a pain and the upgrades need to be kept up with times.. That all being said... I do not like taking alot of my time trying to figure out your new upgrades from the time I need my spybot search and destroy to the next time i need to use my spybot search and destroy. I do not like that I have to relearn a whole new system now. Now it has more than 1 window. i hate sifting thru windows to find what i need. Now I have to find(and still looking to figure this one out) I just want to do a full system scan. I clicked system scan and a window popped up and then there are like 4 different options and how is this an ease of using?? so I click Start scan and the scan takes a whole 4 seconds. Does that sound like a system scan to you? NO the full system scans that spybot Used to have took 15 t o 30 min depending on the system i would have at the time. So now i have to go figure that out.. which takes even longer. I either want to Uninstall something so unproductive and download another free scanner.. or I have to dig into how its not working properly.

Its very sad because although I can't afford to pay for the upgrade.. I have always relied on spybot. It was MY THING.. I would go to my folks house and my dad and my brother know that i would recommend spybot search and destroy. But how can I now? Its not easy to use, there are a lot of windows, its always asking to download or access something, I can't find the Simple Easy to use Start scan button that actually scans what it is intended to scan. I feel like I have been just let down. I seriously can't even recommend this to anyone its too hard for them to figure out. My folks are in their late 50's. They don't want to have to use something so difficult to understand. WHY? when we can just find another one that is an easy one click fixes all again Like You were when i first fell in love with you.

Please make the use of Spybot Search and Destroy easy to use again. Or let me know if there is no hope so I can go on without trying to keep my hopes up.

Zenobia
2013-12-17, 00:32
so I click Start scan and the scan takes a whole 4 seconds.
The scan might be so quick if you need to download updates.Please open Spybot start center,checkmark advanced mode,click Update,then click the Update button at the top.

LeslieHasenkamp
2013-12-17, 03:19
Thank you, I will try that. I appreciate your reply :) Hugs! Have a wonderful day!

Zenobia
2013-12-17, 03:34
You're welcome. :)

Zenobia
2013-12-17, 04:15
I meant to mention it,but I must have forgotten.Spybot 1.6.2 is still available,if you prefer it.It is available under Other Downloads here:
http://www.safer-networking.org/dl/

nobodyz
2014-02-18, 22:49
I have used Spybot Search and Destroy for Years! I do not have a lot of money.. This is why spybot Search and Destroy was an Ideal tool for my families computers. I needed a tool that was free to keep our family computers cleaned up a bit and to keep them from being sooo slow. Was a PERFECT tool! All you had to do was download it. Install it. Update it. Open it. and Click Start. Fix all found. Immunize it. Close it. DONE! Perfect Tool Nothing else could compare. Always did great after doing that. I recommended it to all my family. My folks and My Husbands folks would ask me to fix their computers up every time we would go and see them. First thing i did was Open up spybot and Tada! worked like a charm.

I understand that times change and people get a bit more money and things get more high tech.. that is understood and a given. I also understand that as times change threats become more of a pain and the upgrades need to be kept up with times.. That all being said... I do not like taking alot of my time trying to figure out your new upgrades from the time I need my spybot search and destroy to the next time i need to use my spybot search and destroy. I do not like that I have to relearn a whole new system now. Now it has more than 1 window. i hate sifting thru windows to find what i need. Now I have to find(and still looking to figure this one out) I just want to do a full system scan. I clicked system scan and a window popped up and then there are like 4 different options and how is this an ease of using?? so I click Start scan and the scan takes a whole 4 seconds. Does that sound like a system scan to you? NO the full system scans that spybot Used to have took 15 t o 30 min depending on the system i would have at the time. So now i have to go figure that out.. which takes even longer. I either want to Uninstall something so unproductive and download another free scanner.. or I have to dig into how its not working properly.

Its very sad because although I can't afford to pay for the upgrade.. I have always relied on spybot. It was MY THING.. I would go to my folks house and my dad and my brother know that i would recommend spybot search and destroy. But how can I now? Its not easy to use, there are a lot of windows, its always asking to download or access something, I can't find the Simple Easy to use Start scan button that actually scans what it is intended to scan. I feel like I have been just let down. I seriously can't even recommend this to anyone its too hard for them to figure out. My folks are in their late 50's. They don't want to have to use something so difficult to understand. WHY? when we can just find another one that is an easy one click fixes all again Like You were when i first fell in love with you.

Please make the use of Spybot Search and Destroy easy to use again. Or let me know if there is no hope so I can go on without trying to keep my hopes up.

I'm with you, 100%. I, too, have installed it and used it on other people's computers (friends, family, etc) for years. It was always so dependable. Now, I will not use a version higher than Version 1.6.2.0. The higher versions (specifically 2.2) I can't stand because of all the added windows and confusing things either, and when I read all the problem posts from those with higher versions, I don't even bother.

Worst part is the version I'm using now, which has also been TOTALLY RELIABLE FOR YEARS.... now it takes over 8 LONG HOURS to run a scan. That's ridiculous. I'm still reading and hoping to see an answer, but I'm so close to leaving for good it's scary.

I wish you luck. These folks used to be (and I believe still are) very helpful. But the complication of simple uninstall (you have to turn off Tea-Timer or it won't uninstall properly for instance) is just ridiculous.

I say this ONLY because Spybot: Search & Destroy USED to be the simplest, coolest and best out there. Even Microsoft would encourage folks to download it (the earlier totally free versions) before installing a large Windows patch! That's a pretty awesome compliment. I don't know if they do that anymore, but I know I rued the day I told my friends to download it and they got version 2.2 which I can't even walk or talk them through.

It is so very sad to see something so good get corrupted by the takeover of a company. At least, that's when it seemed to go sour. I could be totally wrong, it's just my impression.

tashi
2014-02-19, 04:34
Hello nobodyz,

It was always so dependable. Now, I will not use a version higher than Version 1.6.2.0.

Worst part is the version I'm using now, which has also been TOTALLY RELIABLE FOR YEARS.... now it takes over 8 LONG HOURS to run a scan. That's ridiculous.

Your post indicates you are running version 1.6.2 and now it is taking 8 hours to run a scan? Please provide more details, thanks. :)

It is so very sad to see something so good get corrupted by the takeover of a company. At least, that's when it seemed to go sour. I could be totally wrong, it's just my impression.
The company has not been taken over, it is still the same Safer-Networking.

Kind regards.